[comp.lang.modula2] Oberon compiler

WIORS12@HDETUD1.BITNET (Eric Maryniak 015-782547) (01/27/89)

Vincent Manis writes:

>I'm looking for the source code for an Oberon compiler, for any
>machine. Can anyone help me ?

Somewhere june 1988, I wrote a letter to Mr. Wirth, asking him about the
(future) availability of an Oberon compiler.
I received a letter some weeks later, in which Mr. Wirth said that there was
no compiler available (at that time) in source form. It was likely, however,
that the coming winter semester (of 1988) a (portable) compiler would be
developed. But he could not make any promises.
I haven't heard anything since, but it seems we might expect an ETH compiler,
because the first (~portable) Pascal and Modula-2 compilers also came from
the ETH.
Any ETH-hackers on the net ?

Bye, Eric.

    \     /   /
   /#. # #-  #  /
  ## ## ## ##  ##
 # #   ## ##  ##
" "  #    ## ##
"."  ".   "./
TTTTTTTTTTT  UU       UU    Delft University of Technology
TTTTTTTTTTT  UU       UU
    TTT      UU       UU    Eric Maryniak, scientific programmer
    TTT      UU       UU
    TTT      UU       UU    bitnet address: wiors12@hdetud1
    TTT      UU       UU      uucp address: mcvax!dutrun!dutrex!wiors12
    TTT      UU       UU      real address: Julianalaan 132    TWI/SSOR
    TTT       UUUUUUUUU                     2628 BL Delft, The Netherlands

Standard disclaimer: not specified yet.
N.B.: if 'mcvax' does not work, try 'hp4nl'.