[comp.lang.modula2] Does anyone have a make file generator

klarich@a.cs.okstate.edu (terry klarich) (02/10/89)

I would like to hear from anyone who has a makefile generator which will
eithor work with logitec 3.03 or in source form.  I am not too crazy about
m2make provided with Logitec.  I currently use the make provided with
turbo c.  This would sure save a lot of time.  I never get the dependancies
right the first time.

--
Terry Klarich (klarich@a.cs.okstate.edu) n5hts
A man is not complete until he is married then, he is finished.

SINBV@NOBERGEN.BITNET ("Bjoern Asle VALDE +47 21 32 46", 5) (02/10/89)

This might not be quite what your looking for, but I have a very
nice makefile-generator that currently works with C pograms under
ms-dog. It's originally written for unix by Peter J. Nicklin and
is ported to dos by a person next door. This thing could quite easily
work with turbo-pascal, and it shuld therefore be easy to make it
understand M2 also. You'll have to do the changes in C though, rewriting
it to M2 is of course possible but migth take a few days depending
on the weather and skiing conditions.

To the best of my knowledge this code is pd, so send me a note and I'll
provide a copy. Eh, if you're using make *only* for dependency analysis
on M2 source code is it not quite clear for me why you're not satisfied
with the Logitech make, as this make can gather all relevant information
from the code -- obviously nice. Last one other thing; the make I'm refering
to should probably work with NdMake (that piece is pd too), last time
I looked both turbo-make and msmake where to severely braindamaged
to be of *real* value in many situasions.

Regards; _Bjorn
--
edmbv\nobergen (.bitnet/earn)      "disclaimer? what - me worry :-)"
bjorn\lilje.uib.no   (internet)

lsr@APPLE.COM (Larry Rosenstein) (02/11/89)

In article <INFO-M2%89021005045054@UCF1VM> SINBV@NOBERGEN.BITNET ("Bjoern
Asle VALDE +47  21 32 46", 5) writes:
> This might not be quite what your looking for, but I have a very
> nice makefile-generator that currently works with C pograms under

I would be interested in getting a copy of this code as well.  Thanks.

Larry

Larry Rosenstein, Apple Computer, Inc.

Internet: lsr@Apple.com   UUCP: {nsc, sun}!apple!lsr
AppleLink: Rosenstein1

klarich@A.CS.OKSTATE.EDU (02/12/89)

I would like to see the source code you were talking about.  I don't like
the m2make from Logitec because one must run m2make and then call the batch
file it creates.  I would rather just type make and let it do all the work.

--

ed@sprawl (Ed McCurdy) (02/13/89)

In article <4391@okstate.UUCP>, klarich@a.cs (terry klarich) writes:
>I would like to hear from anyone who has a makefile generator which will
>Terry Klarich (klarich@a.cs.okstate.edu) n5hts

A makefile generator comes with Olsen & Associates' library.
Their development tools works well together.
Attached is the relevant info taken from their announcement.
						Ed
<Date: Thu, 13 Oct 88 09:53:51
<From: M2 Portable Library <yaml%olsen%unizh.UUCP@CERNVAX>
<Subject: Free M2 Library
<Some details.  The library
<    o is freeware which means we hold a copyright, but it is freely distrib-
<      utable and usable (copyright is a mixture between that of X and GNU).
<    o includes a dependency generator for "make".
<If you have questions, we'll be happy to answer them.  Please
<mail to:
<    mcvax!cernvax!unizh!olsen!yaml@uunet.uu.net
<or
<    olsen!yaml@uunet.uu.net
Ed McCurdy,                       | Internet: ed@nexus.YorkU.CA
York University, Toronto, Canada  | UUCP: ...![utzoo|utgpu]!yunexus!ed
(416) 736-5257x2685               | BITNET: ed@yulibra

BOTCHAIR@UOGUELPH.BITNET (Alex Bewley) (02/14/89)

    The M2Make from LogiTech works fine.  It has options which make if very
 flexible.  Here is a copy of the batch file I use to make M2 programs.

 == m2makem.bat ==

  m2make %1/n+/l=^m2exe^library.mak/pm="m2c {#/o}"/pl="if not exist *.lst m2l #
/o/b"%2 %3 %4 %5
  cmdfile

 ==
   The options for each stage of compiling allow CMDFILE to abort if any
 modules do not successfully compile.  Hence, time is not wasted linking bad
 files.

      Alex