[comp.lang.modula2] Where to get M2 for NS32000 ?

T6T-VIRT@FINTUVM.BITNET (03/08/89)

Hi everybody out there|
Does anyone know where to get modula-2 compiler for Series 32000 ?
Any information appreciated,Thanks , Antti-Pekka

*     Mail :                          E-Mail:                         *
*            Antti-Pekka Virtanen             t6t-virt@fintuvm.bitnet *
*            Arholankuja 3 as 21              t6t-virt@fintuvm.utu.fi *
*            SF-21100 Naantali        Ham Radio :                     *
*            Finland                          OH1YF\OH1AA (AX.25 bbs) *

frode@m2cs.uu.no (Frode Odegard) (03/09/89)

In article <668T6T-VIRT@FINTUVM>, T6T-VIRT@FINTUVM.BITNET writes:
> Hi everybody out there|
> Does anyone know where to get modula-2 compiler for Series 32000 ?
> --  Antti-Pekka Virtanen, Finland

National Semiconductor have their own compiler (they told me Ford in the US
requested it, they use Modula-2 for some embedded applications (probably
factories), I've also heard that GM uses Modula) which is now in beta-testing.
It is going to be fully released in a couple of months. You should probably
talk to Ulf Samuelsson at NatSemi in Stockholm.  The 1-pass ("non-standard"
IMHO ;-)) compiler written by Wirth can be obtained from ETH (call Institut
for Informatik and get hold of Wirth's secretary or something).  There are two
companies in Europe which are good at getting hold of Modula-2 compilers for
all sorts of machines.

Real Time Associates
Canning House, 59 Canning Road
Croydon, Surrey
CRO 6QF
ENGLAND
Phone: ++44 1 656-7333
Fax  : ++44 1 655-0401

A+L AG
(I couldn't find their address. If someone knows, please post it
or email it to Antti-Pekka. Albert Meier @ A+L does some *good*
work).

Both of these companies seem do really know what they're doing.

Also, Introl has a compiler for the NS32000 series (I think). I don't
have the address of Introl either.

Even though I work for M2CS it should perhaps mention that M2CS
is coming out with a pretty er... 'revolutionary' programming
environment for embedded systems development (we have lots of
stuff you'd only expect on LISP workstations). The first targets
supported will be NS32xxx and M68xxx. We're not going to release
the system just yet, you can email me (frode@m2cs.uu.no) for
more info.

				- Frode
DISCLAIMER: I *work* M2CS.

Frode L. Odegard, Modula-2 CASE Systems, Maridalsveien 139, N-0461
OSLO 4, NORWAY. Email: frode@m2cs.uu.no. For a full resume send mail
to info@m2cs.uu.no (message must contain the command "resume frode").

agnew@trwrc.UUCP (Robert A. Agnew) (03/10/89)

In article <668T6T-VIRT@FINTUVM> T6T-VIRT@FINTUVM.BITNET writes:
>Hi everybody out there|
>Does anyone know where to get modula-2 compiler for Series 32000 ?
>Any information appreciated,Thanks , Antti-Pekka
Yes -- National Semiconductor has one. Post to comp.sys.nsc.32k. There
is another out of West Germany. Check the small adds in the back of byte.
I (Canonical Computing Co.) am also marketing one, but it will not be
released until this fall.