[comp.lang.modula2] Modula-2 on the ST

dag@per2.UUCP (Daniel A. Glasser) (03/28/89)

I need to make a list of available Modula-2 implementations, both shareware
and commercial, for the Atari-ST.  I would like impressions of the specific
implementation, documentation, code generation, misc. features, multitasking
support and adherance to adopted standards for each one.

If you are using Modula-2 on the Atari ST, I'd like to hear about the
package you are using.  Please send it to me via. network mail.  I'll
post the list and a summary of interesting responses sometime in early
to mid April, depending on response.

			Thanks in advance --
						Daniel A. Glasser
    Daniel A. Glasser                           One of those things that goes
    uwvax!per2!dag                              "BUMP!!!(ouch)" in the night.
 ---Persoft, Inc.---------465 Science Drive-------Madison, WI 53711-----------

klute%trillian.irb@unido.uucp (Rainer Klute) (03/28/89)

In article <836@per2.UUCP> dag@per2.UUCP (Daniel A. Glasser) writes:
>I need to make a list of available Modula-2 implementations, both shareware
>and commercial, for the Atari-ST.  I would like impressions of the specific
>implementation, documentation, code generation, misc. features, multitasking
>support and adherance to adopted standards for each one.
>
>If you are using Modula-2 on the Atari ST, I'd like to hear about the
>package you are using.  Please send it to me via. network mail.  I'll
>post the list and a summary of interesting responses sometime in early
>to mid April, depending on response.

I tried to reply via e-mail but didn't succeed. So here it goes
to all of you. Perhaps it is of general interest.

I have a public domain Modula-2 development system for the
Atari ST. Compiler and debugger were developed at the Institut
fuer Informatik der ETH Zuerich (Prof. N. Wirth). The
implementation on the Atari ST was done at the Lehrstuhl fuer
Prozessrechner der Technischen Universitaet Muenchen,
Franz-Joseph-Str. 38, D-8000 Muenchen 40, Tel. +49 89
2105-8354/55.

I only *have* the system but I don't *use* it (yet) so I cannot
comment on it. A plus is of course that it is free.
  Rainer Klute                  ----   klute@irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Universitaet Dortmund, IRB    |)|/   klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet
  Postfach 500500               |\|\   ...uunet!mcvax!unido!klute
D-4600 Dortmund 50              ----   Tel.: +49 231 7554663