[comp.lang.modula2] VAX/VMS Modula-2 Needed

MCCORMJW@SNYPLAVA.BITNET (John McCormick) (06/21/89)

We are going to switch from Pascal to Modula-2 and are looking for a
VAX/VMS Modula-2 to be used in our undergraduate curriculum.

We would like a compiler / interpreter that

        1.  Is well supported - we don't have the time or staff to make our
                                own patches etc.
        2.  Uses VMS Debug    - we don't want to have students learn a new
                                debugger.
        3.  Is "friendly"     - this is a student environment.

        4.  Is cheap          - Governor Cuomo has been particularly
                                creative with the State University
                                budget this year.

We had originally planned on going with the Logitech Modula-2 but have been
told by them that they are no longer selling their VAX/VMS version.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

=  John W. McCormick                   Phone   (518) 564-2785             =
=  Computer Science Department         FAX     (518) 564-7827             =
=  State University of New York                                           =
=  Plattsburgh, NY  12901              BITNET  MCCORMJW@SNYPLAVA.BITNET   =
=      USA                                                                =
=                           SUNY Plattsburgh                              =
=                                where                                    =
=       Computers + Model Railroading = Digitally Controlled Trains       =
=                                                                         =
=                        *      *     *                                   =
=                                          *                              =
=                                             *                           =
=          ##                           ###   I                           =
=        ######_########_########_#####_#########-                        =
=         o  o   o    o   o    o   o o  oo OOOO oo\                       =

keller@HSLRSWI.UUCP (Urs Keller) (06/22/89)

Here at ASCOM HASLER AG, we use the Logitech VMS Modula - 2 Compiler
for Development in fair PABX Project (about 40 SW Engineers).

As i can say, it meets your needs and is used in many Swiss Schools and
Universities.

U. Keller, ASCOM HASLER AG, Bern, Switzerland

lengge@ethz.UUCP (06/22/89)

>From lengge Thu Jun 22 13:19:10 MET 1989 remote from ethz
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula2

>We had originally planned on going with the Logitech Modula-2 but have been
>told by them that they are no longer selling their VAX/VMS version.

We bought it this year here in Switzerland at a distributor of Logitech. It
could be possible that Logitech in the States doesn't support it any
further, but I haven't heard anything like this.

Thomas Lenggenhager

### <lenggenhager@verw.switch.ch>
### C=ch;ADMD=arcom;PRMD=switch;O=switch;OU=verw;S=lenggenhager
###
### Swiss teleinformatic services for education & research
### SWITCH Geschaeftsstelle, ETH-Zentrum, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
     Thomas Lenggenhager, SWITCH, ETH-Zurich, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
RARE:  lengge@verw.switch.ch         |  X.400: S=lenggenhager;OU=verw;O=switch;
UUCP:  ..!mcvax!cernvax!ethz!lengge  |         P=switch;A=arcom;C=ch

MCCORMJW@SNYPLAVA.BITNET (John McCormick) (06/23/89)

>>We had originally planned on going with the Logitech Modula-2 but have been
>>told by them that they are no longer selling their VAX/VMS version.
>
>We bought it this year here in Switzerland at a distributor of Logitech. It
>could be possible that Logitech in the States doesn't support it any
>further, but I haven't heard anything like this.
>

>Thomas Lenggenhager

Logitech USA told us they no longer offer the VAX/VMS compiler.  They were the
engineers for a Swiss firm, Terra Datatechnic, and the Swiss firm now has
the product for distribution.  Does anyone know a contact for this firm or
know whether they have a distributor in the U.S.?

aplusl@ethz.UUCP (06/26/89)

>From aplusl Mon Jun 26 10:45:07 MET 1989 remote from ethz
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula2
>If you have time until December 1989 we can deliver you a Modula-2 for
>VAX/VMS. Please drop us a note.

    .....           Albert Meier        Tel.  +41/1/700 30 37
   .. ....          A+L AG, Im Spaeten 23, CH-8906 Bonstetten
  ..   ....
 .......A+L.        E-Mail          aplusl@ifi.ethz.(ch/UUCP)
..       .......                 ...mcvax!cernvax!ethz!aplusl

aplusl@ethz.UUCP (06/26/89)