[comp.lang.modula2] Macintosh Modula-2 Compilers

chupa@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Michael A Chupa) (09/08/89)

     I am in the market for a good Modula-2 compiler running on the
Macintosh OS.  Does anyone have suggestions, horror stories, or the like?
I would like an inexpensive package, but a higher price tag is OK, as
long as the compiler is Wirth it!

				Thanks,
				Mike
--
Mike Chupa              (302) 575-0550            The time has come, the
Math/CS Department      (302) 984-0498            Walrus said, to talk of

lins@Apple.COM (Chuck Lins) (09/08/89)

In article <4314@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> chupa@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Michael A Chupa) writes:

>     I am in the market for a good Modula-2 compiler running on the
>Macintosh OS.  Does anyone have suggestions, horror stories, or the like?
>I would like an inexpensive package, but a higher price tag is OK, as
>long as the compiler is Wirth it!

As far as I know, you have 2 choices:
* Sempersoft Modula-2 (running under MPW)
* MetCom Modula-2 (application with own environment)

I personally use a special version of a compiler written by Bob Campbell (it
used to be TML Modula-2) but this isn't a product anymore.

Both of the above compilers are reasonably cheap (< $200).

--
Chuck Lins                      | "Exit right to funway."
Internet:   lins@apple.com      | AppleLink: LINS