[comp.lang.modula2] Logitech 3.03 and Repetoire 1.5 Library Problem

JIM@UCF1VM.BITNET (Jim Ennis) (10/17/89)

Hello list,

  I need some help figuring out a weird Logitech problem. I am trying to
use the Repetoire Library for screen management on a PS/2 based project.
There is not much doc'n about installing the additional library so I
placed them in the main library sub-directory.  When I try to compile the
program it goes fine, finding all of the new SYM files in the SYM
sub-directory.  When I try to link the compiled program (DEMO1.MOD from
their disks) the Modula2 Linker can't find any of the routines in the
two Repetoire libraries.

Has anyone else had this program?  Is there a tool for listing the contents
of a library to see if the missing routines are there or not?

Thanks,

Jim Ennis
University of Central Florida

aubrey@rpp386.cactus.org (Aubrey McIntosh) (10/17/89)

In article <INFO-M2%89101622294242@UCF1VM> Modula2 List <INFO-M2%UCF1VM.BITNET@PSUVM.PSU.EDU> writes:
>Hello list,
>Has anyone else had this program?  Is there a tool for listing the contents
>of a library to see if the missing routines are there or not?

I have used 3.00, 3.03, and 3.x.  I believe that the libraries are in the
standard, meaning version 2 :-), Microsoft library format and that the
program 'lib' in the MASM and C kits will read them for you.  I definately
do know that the PVCS librarian will manage Logitech libraries, as well
as .OBJ files from JPI and FST.

Also, the 3.x linker will link a Microsoft C 5.0 emitted application,
we used it on ZOO.  Now if they will just upgrade their Decoder...

(no flames, I ~did~ do this, but I read the compiler options docs
~really well~)  I assume that Stony Brook will behave well also, but
haven't tried it..

I am presuming that you tried to rename the desired library to 'm2user.lib'
and replaced the empty library (length 1024); also that you used the
command line switch /LIB <desired1> <desired2> to pull in additional
libraries beyond m2user.

Has anyone out there tried using Optasm on, perhaps, the RTS module
and using the <library> pseudo-op to force an additional library to
be pulled in for your specific project.  That is on my list of things
to do, but not at the top.  :-)

--
Aubrey McIntosh                  Freelance using Modula-2
                                 Real time, embedded, instruments.

BOTCHAIR@UOGUELPH.BITNET (Alex Bewley) (10/18/89)

    I find that the Logitech linker can't handle other .LIB files.  What
  you might try to do is split up the libraries into their component .OBJ files
  and place them all under the m2libobj  directory (or add the directory
  that they are in to the M2OBJ dos variable).  The linker uses the same search
  strategy as that in the procedure LookupFile in module Lookup.

         Alex
         Just this guy...