[comp.lang.modula2] Looking for menu/windowing library for JPI

ben@val.uucp (Ben Thornton) (10/07/89)

Is there a reasonably good library of menu and windowing
(text or graphics modes) routines available for Topspeed
Modula-2?  I would like one for which source is available
as this will be used for generating production code.

--

Ben Thornton             packet:  WD5HLS @ KB5PM
Video Associates Labs      uucp:  ...!cs.utexas.edu!oakhill!val!ben

alan@km4ba.UUCP (Alan Barrow) (10/09/89)

I have used PMI's package (reportoir sp???). It is pretty much device
dependant, flexible, and source is available. It is offers much more
than just windowing, with linked list type ops, screen generation, etc.

I don't have their address handy, but the are in the various mags like
computer language, and Journal of Pascal & M2.

The best part is they have (had?) a free offer for topspeed users
with a functional version of their code. (Less source & hardcopy docs.
It did include docs on diskette)

It is worth checking it out!

Good luck!  73
Alan Barrow KM4BA

gatech!kd4nc!km4ba!alan
hplabs!hp-col!hpuagaa!alan

aubrey@rpp386.cactus.org (Aubrey McIntosh) (10/09/89)

In article <1989Oct7.045502.7411@val.uucp> ben@val.uucp (Ben Thornton) writes:
>Is there a reasonably good library of menu and windowing
>(text or graphics modes) routines available for Topspeed
>Modula-2?  I would like one for which source is available
>as this will be used for generating production code.

The source library from FST has a module Windows which looks fairly
portable.  It does use the library calls suggested by N.Wirth.  I do
not know if the JPI core modules are complete enough to port a standard
library based source without lots of hassle.

I did modify the library to support my full page monitor in less than 30
minutes.

The version that I have, timestamped Nov 19, '88, does not support
menus.

Aubrey McIntosh                  Freelance using Modula-2
                                 Real time, embedded, instruments.
Austin, TX 78723                 Enquiries welcome
1-(512)-452-1540                 aubrey%rpp386.Cactus.org@cs.utexas.edu

aplusl@ethz.UUCP (Albert Meier) (10/19/89)

In article <1989Oct7.045502.7411@val.uucp> ben@val.uucp (Ben Thornton) writes:
>Is there a reasonably good library of menu and windowing
>(text or graphics modes) routines available for Topspeed
>Modula-2?  I would like one for which source is available
>as this will be used for generating production code.

Yes there is a very good one: M2Prolib. Get more information from
Interface Technologies, 3336 Richmond, Suite 323, USA Houston, TX
77098-9990, Tel. (713) 523-8422.

M2Prolib includes much more than just a windowing system and provides
you full source and more than 500 pages of manual.

    .....           Albert Meier    Tel.  +41/65/52 03 11
   .. ....          A+L AG, Daederiz 61, CH-2540 Grenchen
  ..   ....
 .......A+L.        E-Mail      aplusl@ifi.ethz.(ch/UUCP)
..       .......             ...mcvax!cernvax!ethz!aplusl