[comp.lang.modula2] Soon to be at Univ. Karlsruhe

lins@APPLE.COM (Chuck Lins) (10/06/89)

Thomas,

I notice from your signature that you will (soon) be at the Univ. of Karlsruhe.
I preseume this is the same university I'm thinking of and where the compiler
construction tools Rex, Lalr, and Ell were done. If you have any info on these
tools I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck Lins

--
Chuck Lins               | "Exit left to funway."
Apple Computer, Inc.     | Internet: lins@apple.com

UI0T@DKAUNI2.BITNET (Thomas Koenig) (10/07/89)

> Thomas,
>
> I notice from your signature that you will (soon) be at the Univ. of Karlsruhe
.
> I preseume this is the same university I'm thinking of and where the compiler
> construction tools Rex, Lalr, and Ell were done. If you have any info on these
> tools I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Chuck Lins

Chuck,

I'm not sure about the other two, but the man (probably) to contact
about REXX is Heinz Flemming; I'm sending you a copy of his
description in the local nicknames file. He can be reached at
either RZ36@DKAUNI2.BITNET or RZ36@DKAUNI11.BITNET .

If you want other names, you can try the 'user directory service' of
DEARN; you can try to send a 'query service' command to
NETSERV@DEARN.BITNET to get more information. If that does not work, you
can try a mail with

get80 netserv refcard

in the first line.

By the way, the (soon) entry in my signature is the new address for the
same system I'm working on right now. I guess I'll change it, as it can
be misunderstood.

:nick.FLEMMING   :userid.RZ36   :node.DKAUNI11
     :name.Heinz Flemming
     :phone.+49 721 608-2066
     :addr.Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Karlsruhe
     :descr..SCRIPT, FORTRAN, VM - REXX programming

Thomas  Koenig                   UI0T@DKAUNI2.BITNET
                                 UI0T%DKAUNI2.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
                         (soon)  UI0T@IBM3090.RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE.DE

markus@LOG-HB.NYNASHAMN.TELELOGIC.SE (Markus Nikolopoulos) (10/13/89)

Chuck,

Try contact J. Grosch at grosch@gmdka. He sent me
the tools You mention along with some articles of his
for some time ago.

Markus

lins@APPLE.COM (Chuck Lins) (10/13/89)

In article <8910121706.AA16170@nynashamn.telelogic.se> you write:
>Chuck,
>
>Try contact J. Grosch at grosch@gmdka. He sent me
>the tools You mention along with some articles of his
>for some time ago.
>
>Markus

Thanks. I finally received his mailing to me. But I don't have the actual
software. We do have a few Suns with streaming tape drives on 'em :-) but I
haven't had time to go get a tape, and mail it to him. How big is the source
code? Do you have it on a Mac or other suitable pc? Maybe there's some way
I could get this from you if it's not much trouble?

regards,
chuck
:w

--
Chuck Lins               | "Exit left to funway."
Apple Computer, Inc.     | Internet: lins@apple.com
20525 Mariani Avenue     | AppleLink: LINS
Mail Stop 41-K           |
Cupertino, CA 95014      | "Self-proclaimed Object Oberon Evangelist"
The intersection of Apple's ideas and my ideas yields the empty set.

michael@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Schmidt) (10/25/89)

In article <"89-10-06-14:59:24.83*UI0T"@DKAUNI2.BITNET>, UI0T@DKAUNI2 (Thomas Koenig) writes:

>> I notice from your signature that you will (soon) be at the Univ. of Karlsruhe
>.
>> I preseume this is the same university I'm thinking of and where the compiler
>> construction tools Rex, Lalr, and Ell were done. If you have any info on these
>> tools I'd greatly appreciate it.

Try to contact Dr. Grosch <grosch@gmdka.uucp> at the GMD in Karlsruhe.
I am sure, he can help you.
--
    Michael Schmidt, Universitaet-GH Paderborn, FB 17, Warburger Str.100,
                     D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany