[comp.lang.modula2] Re^2: Soon to be at Univ. Karlsruhe

drc@AMES.ARC.NASA.GOV (Dennis Cohen) (10/13/89)

Chuck,

This isn't on the above topic; however, it was a way to get a mail path to
you.  I was over visiting Bob Campbell last week (picking up a version of
his compiler) and he mentioned that you were using his stuff as well and
showed me your books.  First of all, I couldn't find them at the Computer
Literacy here in Santa Clara (DoubleTree) -- where might they be stocked
and do you think that they would be of value to someone who has been
developing for about 12 years and has been using Modula-2 since '82 (as
well as Pascal, C, FORTRAN, Asm, and numerous others)?  The second
question is whether, as your signature suggests, you have an Oberon for the
Mac and, if you do, whether and how might one get a copy?

--
Dennis Cohen
Claris Corp.

lins@APPLE.COM (Chuck Lins) (10/13/89)

In article <8910131347.AA03376@claris.com> you write:
>Chuck,
>[stuff deleted]
>and do you think that they would be of value to someone who has been

Well, I've seen volume 1 at B. Dalton's in Cupertino. Someone just the other
day said they say vol. 2 at the Stanford book store. You'll probably have to
specifically order vol. 3 (trees and graphs) since it's just out. The other
alternative is to try Computer Literacy in San Jose (the BIG store); it'd save
you some running around. Personally, I think you'd find them useful. I've been
programming since 1977 and in Modula since about 1980-1 and I find them very
useful! :-) (Of course, I might be biased) If you decide to get the book(s)
I'd be more than happy to send you the libraries and source on disk.

I'm working on my own time developing an Object Oberon compiler. I hope to
have v1.0d1 out soon.

--
Chuck Lins               | "Exit left to funway."
Apple Computer, Inc.     | Internet: lins@apple.com

claudio@FORTY2.UUCP (Claudio Nieder) (10/17/89)

In article <8910131613.AA16334@apple.com> you write:
>I'm working on my own time developing an Object Oberon compiler. I hope to
>have v1.0d1 out soon.

What plans do you have for it.. personal use only, Freeware, comercial product ?

--
			claudio (claudio@forty2.uucp)

INTERNET: claudio@amsoft.imp.com   BITNET: K538912@CZHRZU1A
Mail: Claudio Nieder, Kanalweg 1, CH-8610 Uster, Switzerland

joel@CALVIN.CS.MCGILL.CA (Joel MALARD) (10/19/89)

Since you are part of a modula2 mailing group, you may be able to give me
pointers to Modula2 for Intel 80386?
Thank you for any info.

Joel Malard (e-mail: joel@oliver.cs.mcgill.ca)

aplusl@ETHZ.UUCP (10/19/89)

>From aplusl Thu Oct 19 08:18:05 MET 1989 remote from ethz
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula2
>Lieber Claudio,

Ich habe gerade gehoert, dass in Kuerze eine erste Version eines Oberon
Compilers fuer den Amiga fertig sein soll, zumindest in einer Form, dass
er laeuft. Kommt da allenfalls von Eurer Seite auch was? Grundsaetzlich
wuerde ich es sinnvoll finden, wenn Modula-90 auf dem Amiga
implementiert waere; das ist ein Precompiler von Beat Heeb und Martin
Odersky, der "compilerunabhaengig" die Oberon- und Modula-2-Vorteile
verknuepft und das Umsetzen der schoenen Erweiterungen in
Low-Level-Modula-2 vornimmt. Halt mich bitte auf dem Laufenden.

Albert

    .....           Albert Meier    Tel.  +41/65/52 03 11
   .. ....          A+L AG, Daederiz 61, CH-2540 Grenchen
  ..   ....
 .......A+L.        E-Mail      aplusl@ifi.ethz.(ch/UUCP)
..       .......             ...mcvax!cernvax!ethz!aplusl

In article <8910151946.AA06710@forty2#038#UUCP> you write:
>>Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula2
>

>In article <8910131613.AA16334@apple.com> you write:
>>I'm working on my own time developing an Object Oberon compiler. I hope to
>>have v1.0d1 out soon.
>
>What plans do you have for it.. personal use only, Freeware, comercial product
 ?

>--
>			claudio (claudio@forty2.uucp)
>
>INTERNET: claudio@amsoft.imp.com   BITNET: K538912@CZHRZU1A
>Mail: Claudio Nieder, Kanalweg 1, CH-8610 Uster, Switzerland

abrodnik@WATDRAGON.WATERLOO.EDU ("Andrej Brodnik ", Andy) (10/19/89)

Hi!

In article <8910181838.AA02100@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> you write:
>Since you are part of a modula2 mailing group,

How can one become a member of modula2 mailing group?

Thank you for the answer

Andrej

claudio@FORTY2.UUCP (Claudio Nieder) (10/21/89)

>Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula2

In article <ev891019081810> you write:
>er laeuft. Kommt da allenfalls von Eurer Seite auch was? Grundsaetzlich
>wuerde ich es sinnvoll finden, wenn Modula-90 auf dem Amiga
>implementiert waere; das ist ein Precompiler von Beat Heeb und Martin
>Odersky, der "compilerunabhaengig" die Oberon- und Modula-2-Vorteile
>verknuepft und das Umsetzen der schoenen Erweiterungen in
>Low-Level-Modula-2 vornimmt. Halt mich bitte auf dem Laufenden.

Also ich bastle im Moment mehr privat an einem Oberon-Compiler, keine
festen Absichten im Moment so etwas serioes durchzuziehen.

Modula-90: Huch, da hast du anscheinend mehr Infos als ich, davoin habe ich
naemlich noch nichts gehoert. Kannst du mir mehr darueber erzaehlen ??

--

abrodnik@WATDRAGON.WATERLOO.EDU ("Andrej Brodnik ", Andy) (10/22/89)

In article <8910210135.AA24124@forty2&UUCP> you write:
>Modula-90: Huch, da hast du anscheinend mehr Infos als ich, davoin habe ich
>naemlich noch nichts gehoert. Kannst du mir mehr darueber erzaehlen ??

Hi!

My German is very bad (almost as English), but as I understood, you are
looking for the information about Modula-90. Can this information be
transferred further to me? Can you send me any current information yet?

Regards

Andrej

claudio@FORTY2.UUCP (Claudio Nieder) (10/31/89)

>Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula2

I want to apologize for the three articles posted here which really
contained private mail.

This unfortunatly happend, because we simply used the 'Reply' function
of rn to answer to it. Normally Reply should send a mail to the author
of the posting, opposed to 'Followup' which posts a followup to the
newsgroup.  But as the first article on which I used the reply
function contained the adress of the Modula-2 List INFO-M2 instead
of the posters address in the 'Reply-To' field, this resulted in
sending the mail to the INFO-M2 distributor on Bitnet and thus to
be posted in this newgroups.

So I've just lerned that you cannot simply press 'r' to send a
reply, you must first check the Reply-To field.