[comp.lang.modula2] Proposed Modula-2 Standard

cook@ra.cs.Virginia.EDU (Robert P. Cook) (12/05/89)

Does anyone know where to write to get a copy of the proposed standard?

maner@bgsuvax.UUCP (Walter Maner) (12/08/89)

From article <716@ra.cs.Virginia.EDU>, by cook@ra.cs.Virginia.EDU (Robert P. Cook):
> Does anyone know where to write to get a copy of the proposed standard?

It may be published as an issue of the MODUS Newsletter, much as PUG did for
Pascal some years ago.  Otherwise, you may have to order it from ISO and
pay the big $$.

--
CSNet    maner@andy.bgsu.edu           | 419/372-8719
InterNet maner@andy.bgsu.edu 129.1.1.2 | BGSU Comp Sci Dept

rsutc@fornax.UUCP (Rick Sutcliffe) (12/09/89)

In article <716@ra.cs.Virginia.EDU>, cook@ra.cs.Virginia.EDU (Robert P. Cook) writes:
> Does anyone know where to write to get a copy of the proposed standard?

The new Modula-2 standard is available now from the British Standards Institute.
I expect my copy to arrive shortly.  This is the draft for international
comment, and the next ISO meeting will be in May (or so).
Rick Sutcliffe
Canadian representative
SC22/WG13 (modula-2)

markus@vlsic2 (Markus N. Richardson) (12/10/89)

maner@bgsuvax.UUCP (Walter Maner) writes:

>> cook@ra.cs.Virginia.EDU (Robert P. Cook) said:
>> Does anyone know where to write to get a copy of the proposed standard?

>It may be published as an issue of the MODUS Newsletter, much as PUG did for
>Pascal some years ago.  Otherwise, you may have to order it from ISO and
>pay the big $$.

It would sure be a nice Xmas present if this proposed standard were
available in electronic form.  Oh what the heck, and while I am wishing
make it in postscript compatible format.  Just tell me where to FTP it from!

Oh well...it doesn't hurt to wish now does it?  (Repeat over and over:
I *do* believe in Santa Claus...I *do* believe in Santa Claus :-)

--
Markus R.
(haven't decided my .sig file yet :-)