[comp.lang.modula2] Source for m2 compiler in C for UNIX

phil@ingr.com (Phil Johnson) (11/10/89)

In article <INFO-M2%89110609102579@UCF1VM> Modula2 List <INFO-M2%UCF1VM.BITNET@PSUVM.PSU.EDU> writes:
>As anyone had any luck in finding a public (PD) version of the Modula 2
>compiler written in C for UNIX systems?

Has a Modula-3 compiler been released?  I remember seeing some mention of
one in the Summer, but nothing since.

--
Philip E. Johnson                    UUCP:  usenet!ingr!b3!sys_7a!phil
MY words,                           VOICE:  (205) 772-2497

andre@MAESTRO.HTSA.AHA.NL ("Andre v.d. Vlies") (11/10/89)

 In article <INFO-M2%89110609102579@UCF1VM> you write:
 >As anyone had any luck in finding a public (PD) version of the Modula 2
 >compiler written in C for UNIX systems?
 >
 >                                      Greg
I you get some significant mail would you be so kind to send it to me too ?

                Greetings,
--
                    Andre v.d. Vlies
                    Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam, The Netherlands

baur@VENICE.SEDD.TRW.COM ("Steven L. Baur") (11/15/89)

GRANGERG@VTVM1.BITNET (Greg Granger):
> As anyone had any luck in finding a public (PD) version of the Modula 2
> compiler written in C for UNIX systems?
>
>                                       Greg

I got a PD Modula II compiler from hotel.cis.ksu.edu (anonymous FTP)
for AT&T UNIX PC, but it has failed to compile all the test programs I have.
I am about to trash it since it did not come in source.

If you have any better leads, I would like to know, please.
(I posted the same question to the net about a year ago and got only one
response).

Good luck.
--
steve	baur@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM, baur%venice.SEDD.TRW.COM@uunet.UU.NET

steve	baurDvenice.SEDD.TRW.COM, baur%venice.SEDD.TVW.COM@uunet.UU.NET

markus@vlsic2 (Markus N. Richardson) (12/10/89)

phil@ingr.com (Phil Johnson) writes:

>>Modula2 List <INFO-M2%UCF1VM.BITNET@PSUVM.PSU.EDU> writes:
>>Has anyone had any luck in finding a public (PD) version of the Modula 2
>>compiler written in C for UNIX systems?

>Has a Modula-3 compiler been released?  I remember seeing some mention of
>one in the Summer, but nothing since.

	I think someone is writing a Modula-3 front-end to the GNU compiler.
	I can dig out the info if anyone is interested.  Let's see ...er...
	one of these articles I saved here...or was it in that directory...
	I know I saved the info on it somewhere, really :-)

--
Markus R.
(haven't decided my .sig file yet :-)