[comp.lang.modula2] UNIX and Modula-2?

jevans@Intrepid.ECE.UKans.EDU (Joseph B. Evans) (01/19/90)

I'd appreciate recommendations for any Modula-2 compilers for
UNIX based machines.  In particular, I'd like to get something
that will run on AT&T 3b2's (SysV).   Public domain compilers
would be prefered, of course.

Joe Evans
Deparment of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Telecommunications & Information Sciences Laboratory
University of Kansas                 Internet: evans%tisl@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Lawrence, KS 66045-2228                        evans@shannon.tisl.ukans.edu
(913) 864-4830                       Bitnet: evans%tisl@ukanvax.bitnet

UD151606@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Steve Drees) (01/22/90)

>I'd appreciate recommendations for any Modula-2 compilers for
>UNIX based machines.  In particular, I'd like to get something
>that will run on AT&T 3b2's (SysV).   Public domain compilers
>would be prefered, of course.

I would also appreciate this information.

Steve Drees
UD151606@NDSUVM1

cmp8118@SYS.UEA.AC.UK ("D.S. Cartwright") (01/25/90)

In comp.lang.modula2 you write:

>>I'd appreciate recommendations for any Modula-2 compilers for
>>UNIX based machines.  In particular, I'd like to get something
>>that will run on AT&T 3b2's (SysV).   Public domain compilers
>>would be prefered, of course.
>>

>I would also appreciate this information.

Could you mail me a summary of any replies you get please, mate ?? I would
have stuck an article on the system, but this seems much neater.

        Thanks a lot,

                Dave C, UEA, Norwich, ENGLAND.

sridhar@usceast.UUCP (M. A. Sridhar) (01/25/90)

In article <INFO-M2%90012120313751@UCF1VM.BITNET> Modula2 List <INFO-M2%UCF1VM.BITNET@PSUVM.PSU.EDU> writes:
>>I'd appreciate recommendations for any Modula-2 compilers for
>>UNIX based machines.  In particular, I'd like to get something
>>that will run on AT&T 3b2's (SysV).   Public domain compilers
>>would be prefered, of course.
>>

>I would also appreciate this information.
>
>Steve Drees
>UD151606@NDSUVM1

A while ago, someone in England was kind enough to send me a floppy containing
the Vrije Universitat (Brussels) implementation of Modula-2, along with a
photocopy of the documentation. It is meant for AT&T 3B2's.
I have used it for an undergrad course in
programming languages, and did not have any serious problems with it. There is,
of course, no warranty for it. If you
need any more info, please contact me.

					Sridhar

--
M. A. Sridhar                  |
Department of Computer Science | ncr-sd!ncrcae ! usceast!sridhar (USENET)

mac@harris.cis.ksu.edu (Myron A. Calhoun) (01/25/90)

In comp.lang.modula2 someone wrote:
>I'd appreciate recommendations for any Modula-2 compilers for
>UNIX based machines.  In particular, I'd like to get something
>that will run on AT&T 3b2's (SysV).   Public domain compilers
>would be prefered, of course.

Our local guru wrote a Modula-2 system for our AT&T 7300
unix pc's.  I don't know how good/bad it is, 'cause I've
only started to use it, but it does exist.  After reading
the manuals and comparing it with the Modula-2's described
in textbooks, it seems to be as "standard" conforming
(Wirth's third edition) as any.

I suspect it could be made available for those outside KSU;
I don't have any idea what the price might be.
--Myron.
--
# Myron A. Calhoun, Ph.D. E.E.; Associate Professor   (913) 539-4448 home