[comp.lang.modula2] Macintosh Modula-2 for Mac

cyliax@bank.ecn.purdue.edu (Ingo Cyliax) (01/25/90)

In article <38078@apple.Apple.COM> you write:
philip@Kermit.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) writes:
> >>I am looking for a good Modula-2 compiler for the Macintosh, ideally one
> >>with good toolbox interfaces and capable of running without a local hard
> >>disk (i.e., a Think Pascal-type environment, not an MPW implementation
> >>or similar).
> >>
> >>Any good ideas?
> >>
> >>Philip Machanick
> >
> > I can think of two such compilers that are suitable for academic use:
> >
> >1. MacMETH from ETH Zeurich.  It might still be available from Modula Corp
> >   at (801) 224-8999 for around $100.  It works on floppies.

Try mailing "wakefiel@inf.ethz.ch", his name is Ronald Wakefield and he
is the person
at the ETH that distributes MacMETH. I don't know how close the above
price is to
the one that they charge. The newsest version (2.6 I think) will work on
all types
of Mac's with or without harddisk. BTW, the telephone number is + 41 1
256 3531,
were + is the international access code (011  I think). Remember they are about
+6 hours ahead of EST.

-ingo

/*                Ingo Cyliax    ECN, Electrical Engineering Bldg.          *
 *      cyliax@ecn.purdue.edu    Purdue University, W. Lafayette,IN 47907   *
 *          ing@cc.purdue.edu    Work: (317) 494-9523                       *
 *         cyliax@pur-ee.UUCP    Home: (317) 474-0031                       */