[comp.lang.modula2] Amiga Modula-2

sl131084@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (11/28/87)

Well everyone.  (All Amiga Mod2 programmers that is...)  Apparetly, the
BenchMark Modula-2 Construction Set is now available from Avant-Garde
Software.  (Adress and pricing below.)  I'm thinking about sinking $300 into
the BenchMark package (this includeds the compiler and all three accessory
libraries...) but I'm still wanting some specific info on C vs. Modula-2.
Specificly on the Amiga.  I know PASCAL so I figured Modula-2 was the most
painless way to get some applications up and running on the Amiga.  So
if any Modula-Amiga programmers are out there, let me know what you think.
Especially if you also have/are programming the Amiga in 'C'.

    -James Colyer

Benchmark Info.

Benchmark Modula-2

Modula-2 development system for the Amiga

Benchmark Modula-2 Construction Set
Avant-Garde Software
2213 Woodburn
Plano, Texas 75075
(214) 964-0260

Pricing:

Benchmark Modula-2  : $199.95
Simple Libs         : $ 99.95
C Libs              : $ 99.95
Image Resource      : $ 99.95  (Also includes IFF Libs)

This information taken from the Canadian technical journal for the Commodore
line, TRANSACTOR.  Volume 8: Issue 4 -January 1988.

from reading the article (review) of benchmark it seems another package is
available for $299.95 that contains all the above items.

-DAT'S ALL FOLKS-

bartonr@jove.cs.pdx.edu (Robert Barton) (02/04/90)

 martin@CLIK.QC.CA (Martin Taillefer) writes:
> I'm currently working on another programming environment for the Amiga
> which should cause quite a stur in the market when it comes out in
> spring. I can't say more about this for the moment.

  Well, can you at least say whether it makes use of ARexx in a big way?
And whether or not it will require the arp.library?  I prefer programs that
don't require the ARP stuff.