[comp.lang.modula2] Modula-2 for the Atari ST

gge@CXA.DARESBURY.AC.UK ("G. J. Baker") (03/22/90)

TO: Matt Seitz,
I seem to remember trying to mail you on this subject before, it obviously
did not get through so apologies to everyone else for the global posting.
I use FTL MODULA-2 on my ST and have had no problems from either the
package or the support here in the UK (Dave Nutkins at Hisoft Ltd). I am
afraid that I don't know who distributes this package in the states.

Hope this helps

Gareth J.Baker

JANET:gge@uk.ac.dl.cxa                     |  Post:    S.E.R.C.,
Internet:gge%cxa.dl.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu  |           Daresbury Laboratories,
EARN/BITNET:gge%cxa.dl.ac.uk@UKACRL        |           Warrington, WA4 4AD,
UUCP:gge%cxa.dl.ac.uk@ukc.uucp             |           U.K.
                                           |  Phone    +44 925 603586

TRL3@psuvm.psu.edu (Tim Larson) (03/22/90)

In article <2008.9003221126@cxa.daresbury.ac.uk>, gge@CXA.DARESBURY.AC.UK ("G.
J. Baker") says:

>TO: Matt Seitz,
>I seem to remember trying to mail you on this subject before, it obviously
>did not get through so apologies to everyone else for the global posting.
>I use FTL MODULA-2 on my ST and have had no problems from either the
>package or the support here in the UK (Dave Nutkins at Hisoft Ltd). I am
>afraid that I don't know who distributes this package in the states.

If it's the same people that make the MS-DOS FTL Modula-2 then the
distributor is:

   Workman & Associates
   1925 E. Mountain
   Pasadena, CA  91104-4016
   (818)791-7979 (Voice or FAX)

Cheers!

-Tim Larson
trl3@psuvm.bitnet

riddler@iesd.auc.dk (Claus Priisholm) (03/26/90)

Matt Seitz writes:
>     If TDI is belly up and noone is taking over support for it, any
>reccommendations for a Modula-2 compiler (or interpreter, if one exists)
>for the Atari ST?

There are two german products:

SPC Modula-2 by advanced applications Viczena GmbH.
Unfortunately I have no idea of their address (BTW SPC stands for
single pass compiler - so if you dislike FORWARD statements forget about
it)

Ha(umlaut)nisch Modula-2

Available through Schwab Software
                  Obermarkstrasse 72
                  D-4600 Dortmund 30
                  Tel.: (++49) 231/48 64 60

This is a FAST two-pass compiler (3.5 sek for a little 400 lines program
using a harddisk, link-time for the same program = 6.5 sek). The produced
code is also fast (the best from any modula-2 for the ST).

Prices start at about 300 DM, mail me for further info.

Besides I bought their compiler, I am not connected with Schwab Software.

					Claus Priisholm
					Aalborg University Centre
					Denmark
					E-mail: riddler@iesd.auc.dk