[comp.lang.modula2] QUESTION WITH FILES ON WA

JAY.B..HARLOW@p0.f42.n105.z1.fidonet.org (JAY B. HARLOW) (04/25/90)

From: harlow@plains.UUCP (Jay B. Harlow)
Date: 23 Apr 90 22:57:29 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.lang.modula2

Hello,
   I am trying to use the Files.State function from Waterloo Modula-2 under
CMS.   only as you can see from below It is FAILING :-((.  I don't
think I am doing any thing wrong... Does any one know if this is
a ligit bug? or I am simple S.O.L. I checked the manual & it 'appears'
I am doing every thing correctly.

  You may ask Why would I want to use Files.State, well I am hoping to
write a Module dependance/Maker.  A program to find all the dependant
files & then re-compile the modules that are out of date....
only Files.State is the 'key' routine I need (i do not wish to drop
to assembler (i will if need be ;-))

        I will be gratefull for any & all help
                Thank You
                Jay B. Harlow

--
                Jay B. Harlow   <harlow@plains.nodak.edu>
        uunet!plains!harlow (UUCP)      harlow@plains (Bitnet)

Of course the above is personal opinion, And has no bearing on reality...

----  Cut Here --- copy of display when trying to run
R; T=0.01/0.01 15:53:07
type test mod b

MODULE Test;

IMPORT InOut, Files;

(*
PROCEDURE PrintState(state : Files.StateBlock);

  BEGIN (* PrintState *)
    InOut.WriteString( state.fn );
    InOut.Write(' ');
    InOut.WriteString( state.ft );
    InOut.Write(' ');
    InOut.WriteString( state.fm );
    InOut.Write(' ');
  END PrintState;
*)

VAR
  st : Files.StateBlock;

BEGIN (* Test *)
  Files.State( "test mod a", st);
(*
  PrintState(st);
*)
END Test.

R; T=0.01/0.01 15:53:14
CMS
modw test
Waterloo Modula-2 (version 2)
File 'TEST MOD B1': 26 lines, modules imported 2, no errors
R; T=0.04/0.09 15:53:35
run test
DMSLIO740I EXECUTION BEGINS...

A 'protection' exception has occurred
Traceback started for machine address 027fa4
Base      Return    Activation
Register  Address   Record

027f86    027fa0    036d80
028090    0280ba    036d10
020e58    020ef6    036be0
020000    020086    036bb8      TEST.Main at line 22

Traceback ended
R; T=0.13/0.19 15:53:45
cons stop

---- note from load map -----
027f86  is in the Storage module
028090  is in the DiskRtns module
020e58  is in the Files module
--

8

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!42.0!JAY.B..HARLOW
Internet: JAY.B..HARLOW@p0.f42.n105.z1.fidonet.org