[comp.lang.modula2] TurboPascal to Modula 2 translator

reid@CTC.CONTEL.COM (Tom Reid x4505) (06/01/90)

> From: David Jones <djgjones%SELKIRK.BC.CA@PSUVM.PSU.EDU>
>
>         Logitech supplies a TurboPascal to Modula 2 translator.  I am not
> sure if it comes with the compiler or as an extra.
>
> David Jones, Selkirk College, Castlegar, B.C. djgjones@selkirk.bc.ca

I have used the translator and it did save a great amount of time in
an application but it is not a panacea.  It works very well transforming
the syntax of your declarations and statements.  However, I found the
library translation to be horrid.  Two out of three wasn't that bad and
it did save a fair amount of time.  Readjusting the libraries was not
a real big deal.

The copy I have is from a 1.x version I think.  I don't think that it
is still part of the standard distribution for 3.x.  I may be wrong.
Oh yes, the translator I used was for tp 3.0.  Part of my fun was taking
tp 4.0 and moving it back to 3.0 so I could use the translator.