[comp.lang.modula2] Troubles with Topspeed Modula-2 v2.0

dhinds@portia.Stanford.EDU (David Hinds) (06/02/90)

In article <24651@unix.cis.pitt.edu> ejost@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Ernest J. Obusek) writes:
>I've been using JPI TopSpeed v2 for about 3 weeks now and really like it.
>It's definitely worth upgrading to.  However, I've discovered a couple
>problems and wondered if anyone else may have solved them already.

   I agree with the above; I haven't run into these problems yet, but I
have had a couple of my own.
    It seems that the "Lib.EnvironmentFind" routine is incompatible with
the 4DOS command processor.  The bug was a pain to pin down.  It seems that
using this routine fails in all memory models except Xlarge (and maybe
Mthread but I didn't try it).  However, programs calling this routine fail
in the initialization code that the compiler builds in before reaching any
user code.  I haven't been able to figure out how to work around this;  I
can't figure out exactly what the startup code is trying to do in the
first place.  And why it should work in Xlarge is very mysterious.

 -David Hinds
  dhinds@popserver.stanford.edu

Peter.M..Perchansky@f101.n273.z1.fidonet.org (Peter M. Perchansky) (06/05/90)

Hello David:

    A little warning... 4DOS is not 100% DOS compatible; that may be why some of your Modula-2 procedures are not working properly.

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!273!101!Peter.M..Perchansky
Internet: Peter.M..Perchansky@f101.n273.z1.fidonet.org