[comp.lang.modula2] DEC WRL Modula-2. Why don't we start sharing code / talking / etc ??

jensting@skinfaxe.diku.dk (Jens Tingleff) (07/03/90)

First, a delayed thank you to those who answered my original query
about DEC Modula-2.

Now that DECWRL Modula-2 has become available, how about starting
communications about it ? One of the replies I saw after posting
my question about DEC M2 mentioned that a back-end for MC68000 had been
build. [I'm sorry to have forgotten the name of the person who posted
the reply, I probably lost my copy when ``compress'' killed my 300KB
worth of saved News articles.] Since the compiler is now out under a fairly
liberal license, sharing code could benefit everyone -- as well as being
fairly legal ;-).

My personal plans would be to

	-1 adapt the syntax to the posted ISO M2 syntax (where possible..)

	-2 do a port to the Atari ST 68000 based computer. The ST really
	   needs a good (and free ..) M2 compiler.

Any deadline for these would be ``not Really Soon Now'' ;-(

	Jens

Jens Tingleff MSc EE, Institute of Computer Science, Copenhagen University
Snail mail: DIKU Universitetsparken 1 DK2100 KBH O
"It never runs around here; it just comes crashing down"
	apologies to  Dire Straits

kgnemitz@apple.com (Keith G. Nemitz) (07/05/90)

What is the availability of WRL Modula-2? Can I get sources to it? Where?
What restrictions apply?

keith nemitz

$A9F4

jensting@skinfaxe.diku.dk (Jens Tingleff) (07/09/90)

kgnemitz@apple.com (Keith G. Nemitz) writes:

>What is the availability of WRL Modula-2? Can I get sources to it? Where?
>What restrictions apply?

Hmm, okay (a message ran out at the and of june, so I thought people
had seen it). The compiler (modula-2 sources, VAX binaries) is avaiable
for anon. FTP from getekeeper.dec.com in directory pub/DEC/Modula-2 . The
restrictions are that DEC gets to look at your modifications, and that
you may not charge any money for the software. I, for one, can live with
that .... .