[comp.lang.modula2] Modula-2 to C translation?

larrabee@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Tracy Larrabee) (07/31/90)

Does anyone have or know of a program to translate Modula-2 into
C?  Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Tracy Larrabee	larrabee@neon.stanford.edu	larrabee@summit.ucsc.edu

wilker@euclid.math.purdue.edu (Clarence Wilkerson) (07/31/90)

The pascal to c converter from csvax at caltech has a modula 2 mode. ptc1.17???

GRANGERG@VTVM1.BITNET (Greg Granger) (07/31/90)

On Mon, 30 Jul 90 22:04:37 GMT Tracy Larrabee said:
>Does anyone have or know of a program to translate Modula-2 into
>C?  Any leads would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>--
>Tracy Larrabee  larrabee@neon.stanford.edu      larrabee@summit.ucsc.edu

It is impossible to translate Modula-2 into C (unless you are JPI)
any attempt to do so will immediately cause a cold fussion of bits
resulting in a implosion of the machine and the creation of a super
virus which will crash harddisks all over the net.

Greg

PS: Forgive me for the waste of bandwidth I couldn't help myself.
    Besides it's intrinsically evil to aid someone in converting
    that most godlike of languages M2 into that most evil of
    languages C    :-)  <big grin> <it's a joke> <no flames>

cszthomas@qut.edu.au (08/01/90)

In article <1990Jul30.220437.27169@Neon.Stanford.EDU>, larrabee@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Tracy Larrabee) writes:

> Does anyone have or know of a program to translate Modula-2 into
> C?  Any leads would be appreciated.

We have a M2 compiler that generates C as its machine code for sale.  The
compiler takes PIM3 M2 with warnings and matches the ISO M2 proposal.
If you are interested send email to J_Gough@qut.edu.au.

Au revoir,

@~~Richard Thomas  aka. The AppleByter  --  The Misplaced Canadian~~~~~~~~~~~@
{ InterNet: R_Thomas@qut.edu.au             JANET:   R_Thomas@au.edu.qut     }