[comp.lang.modula2] PD Modula-2 Compiler Version 2.00

Johann.Dowa@f34.n129.z1.fidonet.org (Johann Dowa) (08/02/90)

I have previously downloaded the new PD Modula-2 compiler (Well at leasts
it's new to me), but unfortunately the library modules (ie. system.m2o)
were corrupt. I once again downloaded the file and had the same results?
does anybody out there have these files?

 # Origin: SIGnet International GateHost (8:7501/103)

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!129!34!Johann.Dowa
Internet: Johann.Dowa@f34.n129.z1.fidonet.org

thssgkt@iitmax.IIT.EDU (George Thiruvathukal) (08/08/90)

In article <126.26BD8547@puddle.fidonet.org>, Johann.Dowa@f34.n129.z1.fidonet.org (Johann Dowa) writes:
> I have previously downloaded the new PD Modula-2 compiler (Well at leasts
> it's new to me), but unfortunately the library modules (ie. system.m2o)
> were corrupt. I once again downloaded the file and had the same results?
> does anybody out there have these files?

I am not sure what file transfer protocol was used in the transfer, but you
might want to ensure that the protocol has the ability to transmit binary
files.  Some protocols which properly accommodate binary files and the command
which sets binary mode:
	1. ftp / binary
	2. kermit / set file type binary
	3. [xyz]modem / use the -rb or -sb flag for receive/send binary

The [xyz]modem program I am familiar with is rx, ry, and rz, respectively.

Also, please post the location, phone number, and/or ftp address of the PD
Modula-2 compiler.  It might come in handy for a course I am instructing this
fall on programming languages and translation.

George Thiruvathukal
thssgkt@iitmax.iit.edu
gkt@athens.ees.anl.gov
--

 George K. Thiruvathukal

 Illinois Institute of Technology         Argonne National Laboratory
 Chicago, IL 60616                        Argonne, IL 60439

 thssgkt@iitmax.iit.edu                   gkt@athens.ees.anl.gov
 thirgeo@iitvax.bitnet

 "The cause of all world problems: E = mc^2."