[comp.lang.modula2] COMPILER

Patrick.Verkaik@f124.n512.z2.fidonet.org (Patrick Verkaik) (09/05/90)

      To:  All                        Message #:  0
    From:  Patrick Verkaik            Submitted:   4 Sep 90  20:21:20
 Subject:  MODULA-2                      Status:  Public
Can anybody tell me if and where I can get a good Public Domain/Shareware/... Modula-2 Compiler? Preferably in Holland (assuming this is an int. area, I can't really tell from my XRS programme). If there is no such thing, which compiler is the best/che
apest to buy?

=-=-=-=-=

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!2!512!124!Patrick.Verkaik
Internet: Patrick.Verkaik@f124.n512.z2.fidonet.org

Frank.Warren@f42.n161.z1.fidonet.org (Frank Warren) (09/08/90)

   The one I like best right now is Stony Brook.  I would avoid JPI
and their V2.0 compiler as I have it and it's a piece of junk.
   The shareware that is most popular in the US is FST, and it's a
2 pass compiler with quite a few goodies.  If you do get it, do
remember it is shareware, not free.  At $35, those who have it are
quite satisfied, and think they got a whale of a bargian.
   Good luck!

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!161!42!Frank.Warren
Internet: Frank.Warren@f42.n161.z1.fidonet.org