[comp.lang.modula2] questions

SOFTWARE@tecmtyvm.mty.itesm.mx (miguel angel lozano) (09/06/90)

Can someone helpme?
My questions are about the modula-2 sintax.
      - Why is necesary the usage of the priority in the concurrent processes
        or how it is used? Can send me an example?
      - Can explain me something about the IMPORT and EXPORT declarations?
      - And so...
I need any help about this. I need to construct a compiler for modula-2 and
i don't understand quiet well the language.
                      Jose de Jesus Robles O.

P.D. Some examples would be apreciated.

Pat.Terry@p101.f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org (Pat Terry) (09/10/90)

In a message of <Sep 07 11:11>, miguel angel lozano writes:

 >      - Why is necesary the usage of the priority in the concurrent
 >processes
 >        or how it is used? Can send me an example?

It is often used as an interrupt mask - the number which is used as a priority
is inevitably machine specific, and prevents code in the module from being
interrupted by particular interrupt sources.  For example, a system that did
round robin schedulling on a set of processes would not want the scheduling
routine to be interrupted until it had finished handling the clock interrupt
(in particular it would not want to be interrupted by another clock interrupt)

 >      - Can explain me something about the IMPORT and EXPORT declarations?

Wow, that is a big one, as it is fundamental to the whole language.  Have you
got hold of any introductory text book?

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!5!494!4.101!Pat.Terry
Internet: Pat.Terry@p101.f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org

SOFTWARE@tecmtyvm.mty.itesm.mx (Jose de J. Robles) (09/16/90)

Thanks for answering my questions. If you ever think I may help you in anything
 don't hesitate in asking me.

         Jose Robles O.