[comp.lang.modula2] JPI Update

Cobus.Debeer@p0.f1.n491.z5.fidonet.org (Cobus Debeer) (09/16/90)

I have read messages to the effect that R1.05 of the JPI M2 compiler is
being delivered to registered users of the compiler.  Is this true ?
I have been waiting for more than a month since I read the first
messages to this effect and have still not received an update.

Regards
Cobus De Beer

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!5!491!1.0!Cobus.Debeer
Internet: Cobus.Debeer@p0.f1.n491.z5.fidonet.org

rcm@hpctdpa.HP.COM (Rick Myers) (09/20/90)

/ hpctdpa:comp.lang.modula2 / Cobus.Debeer@p0.f1.n491.z5.fidonet.org (Cobus Debeer) / 12:25 pm  Sep 15, 1990 /
>I have read messages to the effect that R1.05 of the JPI M2 compiler is
>being delivered to registered users of the compiler.  Is this true ?
>I have been waiting for more than a month since I read the first
>messages to this effect and have still not received an update.
>
>Regards
>Cobus De Beer
----------

Ditto here.  I haven't heard anything either.  I know of at least 5 other
JPI users who have upgraded to 1.04, but nobody has heard anything about 1.05...

Rick
rcm@hpctdpe.col.hp.com

gkt@iitmax.IIT.EDU (George Thiruvathukal) (09/22/90)

In article <3500003@hpctdpa.HP.COM>, rcm@hpctdpa.HP.COM (Rick Myers) writes:

> Ditto here.  I haven't heard anything either.  I know of at least 5 other
> JPI users who have upgraded to 1.04, but nobody has heard anything about 1.05...
>
> Rick
> rcm@hpctdpe.col.hp.com

Release 1.05 of JPI Modula-2 is now available.  As has traditionally been the
case at JPI, registered users must either phone or write JPI to order bug (or
maintenance) releases.  There has been one exception to my knowledge with the
JPI C Compiler, because the initial releases of it were quite buggy with all
of the pressure to release it.  In case anyone is interested, the JPI C
Compiler is now at version 1.06.  Version 1.04 of the Modula-2 Compiler
is somewhat buggy, and it would be wise to update to version 1.05.

George Thiruvathukal
gkt@iitmax.iit.edu

Arthur.Brown@p0.f6.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Arthur Brown) (09/23/90)

I received version 1.05 update to JPI M2 V2 about a month ago.  I understand version 1.06 will be shipping soon.

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!6.0!Arthur.Brown
Internet: Arthur.Brown@p0.f6.n105.z1.fidonet.org

render@cs.uiuc.edu (Hal Render) (09/23/90)

In article <3500003@hpctdpa.HP.COM> rcm@hpctdpa.HP.COM (Rick Myers) writes:
>Ditto here.  I haven't heard anything either.  I know of at least 5 other
>JPI users who have upgraded to 1.04, but nobody has heard anything about 1.05.

We've got 1.05 here at UC-Colorado Springs.  We got it in early August.
It still has bugs in it.  I talked to a guy in Tech Support at JPI about
10 days ago and he said they're preparing 1.06, although when it will come
out is anybody's guess.  I'd call JPI and complain if they're stalling
on 1.05.  Or, ask them when you can get 1.06, which will presumably fix
more bugs.

hal.
render@cs.uiuc.edu
render@zeppo.colorado.edu

rcm@hpctdpa.HP.COM (Rick Myers) (09/25/90)

>I have read messages to the effect that R1.05 of the JPI M2 compiler is
>being delivered to registered users of the compiler.  Is this true ?
>I have been waiting for more than a month since I read the first
>messages to this effect and have still not received an update.
>
>Regards
>Cobus De Beer

Wow!  I just received a complimentary upgrade to R1.06 (from R1.04)!!!
I didn't have to call JPI, they just sent it to me!  They also included
a 'Complimentary Upgrade Certificate' good for one copy of the next
major release of TSM2, and a 50% off certificate good toward the purchase
of any one TopSpeed product.

Rick
rcm@hpctdpa.col.hp.com