[comp.lang.modula2] Is there a revised M2 DP?

lins@Apple.COM (Chuck Lins) (10/17/90)

In July '90, the Modula-2 Standard Committee had a target of 10-15-90 for a
revised draft proposl text available. Does anyone know if this actually
happened? (ie was the committee on schedule).

--
Chuck Lins               | "Is this the kind of work you'd like to do?"
Apple Computer, Inc.     | -- Front 242

stan@toaster.SFSU.EDU (Stan Osborne) (10/18/90)

In article <45701@apple.Apple.COM> lins@Apple.COM (Chuck Lins) writes:
>In July '90, the Modula-2 Standard Committee had a target of 10-15-90 for a
>revised draft proposl text available. Does anyone know if this actually
>happened? (ie was the committee on schedule).

The next version of the DP is not ready.   The 10-15-90 date was a
target the drafters have tried to meet.   I have every indication that a
new DP is being worked on by people who are trying to do a good job so
another DP, after this one, will not be needed.

Information on how people may get copies of the new DP will be posted once
the new DP is available.

Stan

--
Stan Osborne, Computer Science Department, San Francisco State University
Internet: stan@cs.sfsu.edu    Usenet: cshub!stan    Voice: (415) 338-2168

rsutc@fornax.UUCP (Rick Sutcliffe) (10/20/90)

In article <45701@apple.Apple.COM>, lins@Apple.COM (Chuck Lins) writes:
> In July '90, the Modula-2 Standard Committee had a target of 10-15-90 for a
> revised draft proposl text available. Does anyone know if this actually
> happened? (ie was the committee on schedule).
>
> --

No, it is not on schedule.  The I/O modules ~{_have not yet been revised, and
the proposals for the type complex are up for discussion again.  A few other
pieces are still being worked on.
Rick Sutcliffe
Canadian Chair, WG13 (Modula-2)

Pat.Terry@p101.f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org (Pat Terry) (10/21/90)

In Message-ID: <45701@apple.Apple.COM> Chuck asks

 >In July '90, the Modula-2 Standard Committee had a target of 10-15-90 for
 >revised draft proposl text available. Does anyone know if this actually
 >happened? (ie was the committee on schedule).

Not so far as i am aware.

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!5!494!4.101!Pat.Terry
Internet: Pat.Terry@p101.f4.n494.z5.fidonet.org