[comp.lang.modula2] Modula-3 on FidoNet?

David.Coe@f403.n109.z1.fidonet.org (David Coe) (11/24/90)

Is the Modula-3 stuff (that outputs C source) from DEC (or elsewhere)
available via FidoNet-type file request?

Thanks.

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!109!403!David.Coe
Internet: David.Coe@f403.n109.z1.fidonet.org

news@m2xenix.psg.com (Randy Bush) (11/27/90)

David.Coe@f403.n109.z1.fidonet.org (David Coe) writes:
> Is the Modula-3 stuff (that outputs C source) from DEC (or elsewhere)
> available via FidoNet-type file request?

Not that I am aware.  I think it was assumed that if you had a MIPS/DEC or
SPARC you had FTP access.  But I can do it if folk wish.  Which machine(s)?
--
..!{uunet,qiclab,intelhf,bucket}!m2xenix!news

David.Coe@f403.n109.z1.fidonet.org (David Coe) (12/05/90)

 > > Is the Modula-3 stuff (that outputs C source) from DEC
 > (or elsewhere)
 > > available via FidoNet-type file request?
 >
 > Not that I am aware.  I think it was assumed that if you
 > had a MIPS/DEC or
 > SPARC you had FTP access.  But I can do it if folk wish.
 >  Which machine(s)?
I was not aware that it is machine-specific.  How machine-specific
is it?  I was thinking of using it to drive a Tandem 'C' compiler.

--

Ben.Stuyts@p6.f202.n281.z2.fidonet.org (Ben Stuyts) (12/08/90)

In a message of <04 Dec 90 13:58:31>, David Coe (1:109/403) writes:

 >> Is the Modula-3 stuff (that outputs C source) from DEC (or elsewhere)
 >> available via FidoNet-type file request?

 >> Not that I am aware.  I think it was assumed that if you
 >> had a MIPS/DEC or SPARC you had FTP access.  But I can do it if folk
 >> wish.

 DC> I was not aware that it is machine-specific.  How machine-specific
 DC> is it?  I was thinking of using it to drive a Tandem 'C' compiler.

In the past, I've been able to build the M3 system on a Sun-3 (with a
68030), based on the Sparc sources. So although it is machine-specific,
it can be ported without too much trouble. You'll need to specify a few
OS dependant things, and also some C-compiler related things like data
alignment etc.

Best regards,
Ben

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!2!281!202.6!Ben.Stuyts
Internet: Ben.Stuyts@p6.f202.n281.z2.fidonet.org