[comp.lang.modula2] Search for FST compiler

sbl@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Stacy B. Lacy) (12/14/90)

I am sorry if this has been asked before but I am fairly new to the group.

I have heard a lot about the FST compiler and I would like to know where
I can obtain it in the US.  Preferable would be a shareware company address
or anonymous ftp.  (I would like to order the disks from a company rather than
pay a high phone bill.)  The system I have is a 286, 16Mhz, with DOS 3.31 if
that makes a lot of difference.

Thanks in advance!

*#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#*
*       %====>    %===%    %         |                                    *
*      %         %   %    %          |                                    *
*     %===%     %==%     %           |   sbl@phobos.ksu.cis.edu           *
*        %     %   %    %            |   In Real Life:  Stacy Lacy        *
*  <====%     %===%    %=====>       |                                    *
*                                    |                                    *
*#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#*

mhughes@loft386.uucp (Mike Hughes) (12/16/90)

In article <1990Dec14.035026.6022@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu>, sbl@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Stacy B. Lacy) writes:

> I have heard a lot about the FST compiler and I would like to know where
> I can obtain it in the US.  Preferable would be a shareware company address

A good source is Public Brand Software, (800) 426-3475 (Indianapolis).

--
Mike Hughes
Lofty Pursuits (Public Access for Rapid City SD USA)

jmh@coyote.uucp (John Hughes) (12/16/90)

In article <1990Dec14.035026.6022@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> sbl@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Stacy B. Lacy) writes:
>I am sorry if this has been asked before but I am fairly new to the group.
>
>I have heard a lot about the FST compiler and I would like to know where
>I can obtain it in the US.  Preferable would be a shareware company address
>or anonymous ftp.  (I would like to order the disks from a company rather than
>pay a high phone bill.)  The system I have is a 286, 16Mhz, with DOS 3.31 if
>that makes a lot of difference.
>
>Thanks in advance!
[billboard-style .sig deleted... :-) ]

As a long-time user of the FST compiler, I was rather dismayed to find that
the FST BBS machine no longer seems to answer the phone, but I haven't
tried recently, nor have I attempted to write to Roger Carvalho (Mr. FST)
to see what's up.

Anyway... the most recent address I have is:

Fitted Software Tools
P.O. Box 867403
Plano, TX 75086

the BBS number was: (214) 517-4629

There was also a BIX conference for FST, but I don't know the fate of
that, either.

If you try to contact Roger at the above address and get no response, then
there are a couple of BBS's here in Tucson that carry the compiler. One
of these is Bigfoot (don't ask me...I don't name 'em...) at:
(602) 886-7943. Unfortunately, they do require validation. I also seem
to recall seeing it on JDR Microdevices BBS at (408) 559-0253, but I
don't know if it's version 2.0 or later (or even if I actually saw
it there... so much software, so little time..).

If you have a unique situation that prevents you from obtaining the
compiler through 'normal' means, e-mail me and I'll see about
arranging to set you up with the shareware distribution kit (sorry,
I can't let the library sources out, that's what the reg. buys).
The compiler only runs on PeeCee's, it doesn't know about 386 flavor
processors, and, no, I don't have the sources to the compiler proper
(I wish I did, God knows I bugged Roger about it enough...).

As an alternative, if someone would be good enough to e-mail me with details
on posting etiquette for alt.sources, it might be easier just to post
the whole thing for everyone to share.

--
|     John M. Hughes      | "...unfolding in consciousness at the            |
| noao!jmh%moondog@coyote | deliberate speed of pondering."  - Daniel Dennet |

Jon.Guthrie@p15.f20.n226.z1.fidonet.org (Jon Guthrie) (12/17/90)

 > I have heard a lot about the FST compiler and I would like to know where
 > I can obtain it in the US.  Preferable would be a shareware company
 > address or anonymous ftp.  (I would like to order the disks from a company
 > rather than pay a high phone bill.)

Well, if you have a 2400 BPS modem, they can be downloaded from anywhere in
the USA for about $5 if you do the downloading at night or on weekends.
That's half what it costs you from Public Brand Software (PO Box 51315,
Indianapolis, IN 46251 - ask for ML25.0 which is $5 plus $5 for "shipping and
handling", or you can call 1-800-426-3475 and charge it.)

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!226!20.15!Jon.Guthrie
Internet: Jon.Guthrie@p15.f20.n226.z1.fidonet.org

news@m2xenix.psg.com (Randy Bush) (12/25/90)

> I have heard a lot about the FST compiler and I would like to know where
> I can obtain it in the US.  Preferable would be a shareware company address
> or anonymous ftp.

simtel20.

--
..!{uunet,qiclab,intelhf,bucket}!m2xenix!news