[comp.lang.modula2] Wanted: BOOK

myhre@plains.NoDak.edu (Robert Myhre) (01/22/91)

  I am looking for a book called Programming in Modula-2.  The author is
Wirth.  I can no longer get this book through the publisher so if anyone
has this for sale I would appreciate you letting me know.  Also, can
anyone recommend a good book on Waterloo Modula-2?  Thanks

Robert Myhre
Computer Engineer in Training... and Training... and Training
North Dakota State University
myhre@plains.nodak.edu   (Internet)    *  Time is eternal....
myhre@plains             (Bitnet)      *
uunet!plains!myhre       (UUCP)        *  Are you?

rschnapp@pnet12.rfengr.com (Russell Schnapp) (01/25/91)

  I find it hard to believe that Springer-Verlag would have withdrawn
Programming In Modula-2 by Niklaus Wirth.  Although many other Modula-2 books
make better reference and/or tutorial material, PIM-2 is _the_ standard.  In
fact, I thought they just came out with a 4th edition during 1989 or 1990.  I
would check again, just to be sure its demise is not prematurely reported!
...Russ

UUCP: ucsd!serene!pnet12!rschnapp
ARPA: crash!pnet12!rschnapp@nosc.mil
INET: rschnapp@pnet12.cts.com

pfterry@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/25/91)

In article <7679@plains.NoDak.edu>, myhre@plains.NoDak.edu (Robert Myhre) writes:
>   I am looking for a book called Programming in Modula-2.  The author is
> Wirth.  I can no longer get this book through the publisher so if anyone
> has this for sale I would appreciate you letting me know.  Also, can
> anyone recommend a good book on Waterloo Modula-2?  Thanks
>
> Robert Myhre
> Computer Engineer in Training... and Training... and Training
> North Dakota State University
> myhre@plains.nodak.edu   (Internet)    *  Time is eternal....
> myhre@plains             (Bitnet)      *
> uunet!plains!myhre       (UUCP)        *  Are you?

I found several copies of the 4th ed. of Wirth's book at Computer
Literacy in Cupertino. I don't have the number here at home, but you
could call directory information in Cupertino or Computerware (which
is next door) to get the number. Computerware's # is 800/235-1155.

Hope this helps.

Fred Terry

**                              **                                    **
**  Fred Terry			**    A boy can learn a lot from      **
**  Kansas Geological Survey	**    a dog: obedience, loyalty,      **
**  Univ. of Kansas		**    and the importance of turning   **
**  Lawrence, KS  66047		**    around three times before       **
**  pfterry@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu	**    lying down.		      **
**				**				      **

John.Montbriand@f43.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (John Montbriand) (02/02/91)

     I find it hard to believe the book is out of print already.  Here's the
publishing info on the copy I bought last year:
  Wirth,  Niklaus (1988).  Programming in modula-2.  David Gries,  Ed.4th Ed.
 Springer-Vertlag.
     It's published as part of the Texts and monographs in Computer Science
series.  Unfortunately,  I don't really want to sell mine,  but I hope this
information is of some use to you.
     John...

--
John Montbriand - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!43!John.Montbriand