[comp.lang.modula2] A bug in fst-m2 ?

Volker.Koenig@p3.f4031.n241.z2.fidonet.org (Volker Koenig) (03/13/91)

Hi Ben!

In a message posted 09 Mar 91 to Volker Koenig, Ben Coleman wrote:

 VK>> Possibly I've found a bug in FST-M2.

 BC> I don't have FST, but I'd say that was a bug.  Your test program runs fine
 BC> in JPI TSM2 v 1.17(once I've changed the name of the module......TSM2
 BC> doesn't lik the module name being reused as a variable name), and produces
 BC> the proper output.

Well I nearly expected that. But - lucky me - it does not seem to be a compatibility problem since Wirth does not mention a function SIZE in his third revision of Programing in Modula-2.

Thanks for the support in validating that bug. Perhaps a 2.1 of FST-M2 will fix it.

Volker.

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!2!241!4031.3!Volker.Koenig
Internet: Volker.Koenig@p3.f4031.n241.z2.fidonet.org