[comp.lang.modula2] Getting Oberon

Rick_Sutcliffe@CS.SFU.CA (Rick Sutcliffe) (04/09/91)

Re: INFO-M2%91040322133306@UCF1VM.BITNET

BITFTP@PUCC
> (not BITTCP@PUCC).
> And the message must be :
> FTP 128.54.16.1 NETDATA
> USER anonymous
> CD ~ftp/pub
> BINARY
> GET oberonm.exe
> ASCII
> GET oberonm.info

Those instructrions are interesting and open up some intriguing possibilities I
did not know about.  But, where is PUCC? i.e. in what domain?

 Rick Sutcliffe               Internet: Rick_Sutcliffe@twu.ca
 Associate Professor
 Math & Computing Science
 Trinity Western University
 7600 Glover Rd.,
 Langley B.C. Canada
 V0X 1A0                     (604 8887511)

spel@hippo.ru.ac.za (Dr. E.W. Lisse) (04/10/91)

In <52-890-00007.2754025153.134@faith.UUCP> faith!Rick_Sutcliffe@CS.SFU.CA (Rick Sutcliffe) writes:

>          RE> Getting Oberon
>Re: INFO-M2%91040322133306@UCF1VM.BITNET

>> I had some errors in this instuccions. The message must be send to
>BITFTP@PUCC

[...]

>Those instructrions are interesting and open up some intriguing possibilities I
>did not know about.  But, where is PUCC? i.e. in what domain?

> Rick Sutcliffe               Internet: Rick_Sutcliffe@twu.ca
> Associate Professor
> Math & Computing Science
> Trinity Western University
> 7600 Glover Rd.,
> Langley B.C. Canada
> V0X 1A0                     (604 8887511)

Rick,

bitftp@pucc.princeton.EDU.

I have seen a nifty little perl script that does all this funny language
transparent to the user. It appeared some time ago on alt.sources or
comp.lang.perl. I have sent it to info.ibm.pc.digest who will broadcast
it real soon now.

Wait for it and have a look.

regards, el
--