[comp.lang.modula2] JPI Modula v3, Should I upgrade?

wewst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William E Williams) (05/31/91)

     I was wondering if somebody could give me a reason to
upgrade from JPI TopSpeed Modula-2 v2 to v3.  I initially bought
their v1.17 and debugger at the academic discount.  I loved it
and I still think it is an excellent compiler.  When version 2
came out I upgraded to the extended edition.  I think everybody has
heard about v2.

     My problem is that JPI wants $126 to upgrade and I feel like
I am about to throw good money after bad.  After v2 I don't have
much faith in what JPI says about their products.  I have three
options, feel like a fool and upgrade.  Not upgrade and loose all
the money I have already spent, or upgrade and sell the
unregistered package.  I am mad as hell at these people and I
don't want to waste my money like I did before.

William E. Williams
wewst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu

gkt@iitmax.iit.edu (George Thiruvathukal) (06/04/91)

In article <133943@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, wewst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (William E Williams) writes:

>      My problem is that JPI wants $126 to upgrade and I feel like
> I am about to throw good money after bad.  After v2 I don't have
> much faith in what JPI says about their products.  I have three
> options, feel like a fool and upgrade.  Not upgrade and loose all
> the money I have already spent, or upgrade and sell the
> unregistered package.  I am mad as hell at these people and I
> don't want to waste my money like I did before.

Supposedly, JPI sent free upgrade certificates to all individuals who purchased
or upgraded from version 1 to version 2.  You should contact them for details
at 1-800-543-5202.

--
George Thiruvathukal

Laboratory for Parallel Computing and Languages
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago