[comp.lang.modula2] Modula 3

rgr@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (robert.g.robillard) (07/13/89)

I just read a message in another newsgroup that contained a reference
to Modula3.  This is a new language to me.  What's the story here?
Is there a book or paper or something on Modula3?

Thanks
--
|  Duke Robillard                                                        |
|  Internet: rgr@m10ux.att.com         | BITNET: rgr%m10ux.uucp@psuvax1  |

djsalomon@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Daniel J. Salomon) (07/14/89)

In article <1889@cbnewsm.ATT.COM> rgr@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (Duke Robillard) writes:
>Is there a book or paper or something on Modula3?

Modula-3 is still under development at the Olivetti Research Center
in Menlo Park.  The document describing it is the "Modula-3 Report"
by Luca Cardelli, James Donahue, Lucille Glassman, Mick Jordan,
Bill Kalsow, and Greg Nelson.  As far as I know, the compiler is not
being distributed yet, but you may be able to get a copy of the
report by writing to:

	Olivetti Research Center
	2882 Sand Hill Road
	Menlo Park, California 94025

kenny@hpcuhc.HP.COM (Kenneth Lee) (07/22/89)

/ hpcuhc:comp.lang.modula2 / djsalomon@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Daniel J. Salomon) / 10:43 am  Jul 13, 1989 /
In article <1889@cbnewsm.ATT.COM> rgr@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (Duke Robillard) writes:
>Is there a book or paper or something on Modula3?

Modula-3 is still under development at the Olivetti Research Center
in Menlo Park.  The document describing it is the "Modula-3 Report"
by Luca Cardelli, James Donahue, Lucille Glassman, Mick Jordan,
Bill Kalsow, and Greg Nelson.  As far as I know, the compiler is not
being distributed yet, but you may be able to get a copy of the
report by writing to:

	Olivetti Research Center
	2882 Sand Hill Road
	Menlo Park, California 94025
----------

you can also email to

	modula-3@stl.olivetti.com

for more information.

arrott@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Matthew Arrott) (06/26/91)

Is there a dialog on Modula 3 within news?

I am trying to evaluate it with respect to eiffel and C++.

Could someone please give me a vector.

Thank you.

muller@src.dec.com (Eric Muller) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun25.131127@ncsa.uiuc.edu>, Matthew Arrott asks:
> Is there a dialog on Modula 3 within news?

comp.lang.modula3 is a Usenet newsgroup devoted to Modula-3 and its
implementations.  Feel free to ask Modula-3 questions there.

By the way, comp.lang.modula3 is archived.  Messages for the past
months are available from gatekeeper.dec.com, in
pub/DEC/Modula-3/comp.lang.modula3.

--
Eric.