[comp.lang.pascal] Turbo Pascal for the Macintosh

6111231@PUCC.BITNET (Peter Wisnovsky) (11/07/86)

In article <1124@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu>, cmt@tybalt.caltech.edu (Rich Seigel c/o Etoyoc) writes:
>My favorite Pascal compiler is Lightspeed Pascal for the Macintosh. It offers
>high compilation speed (I've measured about 7000 lines per minute for my
>code), link times of under a second, an incredible interactive source-level
>debugging environment (while still allowing your application to run at full
>compiled speed!), and the extensions that no Pascal should be without (which
>help it be compatible with Lisa Pascal). In addition the code is as good or
>better than anything around.

I also like  Lightspeed Pascal but I would also like to see the addition
of MacApp and object oriented extensions to it. LS-Pascal has a great
environment and the ability to access the toolbox the same simple way
as in MacPascal make it very easy to mock stuff up, but
creating a whole maclike program is still rather daunting, hence
MacApp. I understand it comes with TML Pascal 2.0: any word
on whether it can be expected for LightSpeed?
Peter Wisnovsky
Virtual Address:         UUCP: ...ihnp4!psuvax1!6111231@pucc.bitnet
Physical Adddress:       179 Prospect Avenue
                         Princeton, New Jersey 08540
                         (609)-734-7852