[comp.lang.pascal] BBS's written in Pascal

hull@glass.dec.com (Al Hull - resident at Ford Motor Credit 313-845-2817) (03/19/87)

Re: BBS program in Pascal:

>>Newsgroups: comp.lang.pascal
>>Subject: bbs program in pascal ???

>>hi,

>>does anyone out there have access to the source code for a bulletin board system
>>written in pascal???

Look at TURBO:ROS34*.* on Dec MARKET (DEC-MARLBORO) - a full-blown Turbo
Pascal Remote Operating System (ROS) bbs system for CP/M.  It handles
everything - security, messaging, handling file transfers via Xmodem,
the works!  Very nice piece of code.  The ROS systems are being used across the
country just like FIDO systems, only on a smaller scale.

The author of ROS is Steve Fox, of Albequerque, NM.  His ROS system is at
505-299-5974.  12/2400 baud

Some other ROS sites are at

(VT) 802-496-4123
(NE) 402-346-8079
(FL) 305-231-6435
(CA?) 704-366-9051

I wrote some modifications for ROS34 to get it to work on our DEC VT180's,
and have a copy that runs under ZCPR2 also.  They're all on MARKET.

Enjoy - and let us all know how it works out for you!

Regards,

Alan D. Hull

Digital Equipment Corporation
Detroit Field Application Center