[comp.lang.pascal] Turbo Pascal Help Needed!!

donp@tekfdi.TEK.COM (Don Primrose) (06/26/87)

I recently aquired a CP/M board with Turbo Pascal ver. 3.01a
Unfortunatly with no instructions. I figured out how to use the editor
and save the source code but I don't know how to save an executable.
Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
Don

timothym@tekigm2.TEK.COM (Timothy D Margeson) (06/26/87)

In article <1071@tekfdi.TEK.COM> donp@tekfdi.UUCP (Don Primrose) writes:
>I recently aquired a CP/M board with Turbo Pascal ver. 3.01a
>Unfortunatly with no instructions. I figured out how to use the editor
>and save the source code but I don't know how to save an executable.
>Can someone please help me?
>Thanks,
>Don

Okay, this may sound hokey, but....

So you got this system for a price, and did not receive the manuals? Okay, I'll
buy that. Now, to use the compiler to it's fullest, you WILL need the manual.

My recommendation? Go buy a copy of IBM PC Turbo Pascal, the manual is the same
and should answer ALL of your questions.

Other wise, you'll find yourself asking one heck of alot more questions than
you will get answers for.

In the mean time, the command to compile to disk is OCQC. It should have been
self evident by trying all of the available menus, but since you didn't figure
this out, I REALLY RECOMMEND you buy a manual.....

Good luck!

--
Tim Margeson (206)253-5240
PO Box 3500  d/s C1-937                          @@   'Who said that?'

samlb@well.UUCP (06/29/87)

	To "save an executable", after you're finished _Editing_, but before
you _Compile_, go to the Main menu, and hit "O" for options.
	At the top, there will be three choices:

	->Memory
	  cHain
	  Com   (or some such)

	The default is compiling to Memory;  a cHain file is saved to disk, but
you must Run it from inside Turbo, or chain to it from a Com file;  a Com file
is just that -- runnable from CP/M.  Com files are saved to disk and include
all the run-time routines needed by the program.

--
Sam'l Bassett, Semantic Engineer -- My words & ideas are for sale!
34 Oakland Ave., San Anselmo  CA  94960;  (415) 454-7282