[comp.lang.pascal] Pascal to C Translation

dlu@puffin.USS.TEK.COM (Doug Urner) (11/28/87)

I am faced with the project of translating a large process control
application from Pascal to C.  As yet I don't have much more in the
way of details of the application.  I'd like to know if anyone has
stories to tell and advice to offer.  I'd also like to hear about
any experience you might have with any of the automated translators
that are floating around and/or offered for sale.

Many thanks in advance, if you reply to me I'd be happy to summarize
to the net if there is interest.

Doug Urner

jim@hcrvax.UUCP (12/08/87)

In article <128@puffin.USS.TEK.COM> dlu@puffin.USS.TEK.COM (Doug Urner) writes:
>I am faced with the project of translating a large process control
>application from Pascal to C.  As yet I don't have much more in the
>way of details of the application.  I'd like to know if anyone has
>stories to tell and advice to offer.  I'd also like to hear about
>any experience you might have with any of the automated translators
>that are floating around and/or offered for sale.
>
>Doug Urner

I tried to send this by mail, but the mailer at puffin kicked it back to me!

HCR Corporation sells a Pascal compiler that can be used to convert Pascal code
into C code.  I would be happy to send anyone who is interested information.
I can be contacted at the following addressses:

	HCR Corporation			Phone:	(416) 922 1937
	130 Bloor Street West		Telex:	06-218072 HCR TOR
	Suite 1001			Fax:	(416) 922 8397
	Toronto, Ontario
	Canada
	M5S 1N5