[comp.lang.pascal] Compiling in TP3.0 without entering the turbo environment.

dav@abvax.UUCP (Dave A. Vasko) (12/30/87)

Help, I'm trying to compile programs in Turbo Pascal Version 3.0 without
entering the turbo environment. I would like to compile a program by just
typing a statement on the DOS command line. If you know how this works
please respond.

If there is no way to avoid entering the turbo environment, is there a way
to display the cursor on an EGA card.

Thanks in advance.

	Perplexed in Pascal

		Dave Vasko

Dave Vasko					Allen-Bradley
...!{decvax,pyramid,mandrill}!abvax!dav		Highland Hts. Ohio
						44056

jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan Joshua) (01/02/88)

In article <146@abvax.UUCP> dav@abvax.UUCP (Dave A. Vasko) writes:

> Help, I'm trying to compile programs in Turbo Pascal Version 3.0 without
> entering the turbo environment. I would like to compile a program by just
> typing a statement on the DOS command line. If you know how this works
> please respond.
>
> 	Perplexed in Pascal
>
> 		Dave Vasko

jjoshua (jonathan joshua) writes:

Well Dave,
	I had this problem a while back and I found that the only way
to compile without actually going into turbo and hitting the keys was
to use a utility that put keystrokes into the keyboard buffer for you.
It is really neat to watch turbo run all by itself. The program is
called something like 'keyfake'. It is p/d and shouldn't be hard to
get. The only other problem is that when keyfake puts stuff into the
keyboard buffer, turbo intercepts it while compiling and gives you the
'continue (y/n)' message. Someone gave me a patch to stop this from
happening. I don't have this information handy right now but if you
put up a request for it you should be able to get it. Maybe you would
consider switching to turbo 4.0 ?
--
|o|   Jonathan Joshua   jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu   Rutgers - Since 1766    |o|
|o|                                                                         |o|

dav@abvax.UUCP (Dave A. Vasko) (01/06/88)

I would like to thank everyone who sent Mail on how to compile without
entering the turbo environment.

The suggestions were as follows:

1) Buy Turbo Pascal 4.0. (It has command line support.)

2) Use the key-fake program with the following batch file. (key-fake was
   originally published by PC magazine.)

	key-fake 'yw %1' 13 'ocqc'
	turbo

3) Use a program called Stackey which sound similar to key-fake.

		Thanks again for the great response.
			Dave Vasko