[comp.lang.pascal] TP4 & Microsoft compat. \".OBJ\" object files

HERST.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU' (02/23/88)

        TP4 allows linking in object files created by other languages, but
does not create object files itself.  Is there a way to translate .TPU files
into standard .OBJ files for linking with object files of other compilers?

        I got TP4 so that I could easily move from Pascal into Modula-2 by
compiling my tool boxes this way.

Thanks,

Austin Tung
Amherst College
ATUNG@AMHERST

marty@june.cs.washington.edu (Marty Sirkin) (02/23/88)

In article <11944@brl-adm.ARPA>, HERST.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU' writes:

>         TP4 allows linking in object files created by other languages, but
> does not create object files itself.  Is there a way to translate .TPU files
> into standard .OBJ files for linking with object files of other compilers?

   Nope.  We all be screwed.  Although several of the people at Borland have
said things like:  "Well .TPU files are nothing more than complicated .OBJ
files, so it SHOULD be possible..."  So, it's going to take some nice, bright
person or company (Did I hear you say "TurboPower"?) to fix the problem.

MS.