[comp.lang.pascal] Strings package available

ian@mucs.UX.CS.MAN.AC.UK (Ian Cottam) (03/11/88)

I note the "strings in Pascal" discussion has started again.
I have a package that implements unbounded length strings that
I will make available if there is any demand.  It is written
in and assumes you are using an ISO Level 1 Standard Pascal
compiler.  Compilers that come reasonably close (e.g. SUN Pascal)
will also support it.

jc58+@andrew.cmu.EDU (Johnny J. Chin) (03/13/88)

I'd appreciate it if you could send a copy of the string package to me.
It would probably save me the trouble of having to create one.
Thanks.
                                                -- John

| Johnny J. Chin                                Carnegie Mellon University |
+----------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| US Mail: Johnny J. Chin          | ARPAnet: Johnny.J.Chin@andrew.cmu.edu |
|          4730 Centre Avenue #412 | BITnet:  jc58%andrew@cmccvb.BITNET    |
|          Pittsburgh, PA  15213   | UUCP:    harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!jc58  |
+----------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Disclaimer:   The views expressed herein are STRICTLY my own.            |

cs2531cd@charon.unm.edu (Steve Freed) (03/15/88)

In article <3329@mucs.UX.CS.MAN.AC.UK> ian@ux.cs.man.ac.uk(Ian Cottam) writes:

>I note the "strings in Pascal" discussion has started again.
>I have a package that implements unbounded length strings that
>I will make available if there is any demand.

Sure! I'll bite. Sounds like something I could use very much aroun here.

If you're not going to post it to the net then I'd love a copy sent to
me at the above e-mail address.

			    thanks,
			    Steve Freed

ian@mucs.UX.CS.MAN.AC.UK (Ian Cottam) (03/15/88)

Following some interest, I have posted my Strings package
to the moderator of comp.unix.sources.