[comp.lang.pascal] Turbo Prof.

jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin) (11/15/88)

Is there anyway (or what's the best way) to get BOTH, Turbo C 2.0 and
Turbo Pascal 5.0 with the Turbo Assembler/Debugger?

It's kind of pointless to buy both Professional packages.  Which is the
cheapest way to achieve all of this (C 2.0, Pascal 5.0, and the Assembler)?

Many thanks to all the replies to my last post.

Once again, thanks (in advance) for you suggestions.  Much appreciated.

-- J. Chin (a.k.a. Computer Dr.)

------------------------- Carnegie Mellon University -------------------------
4730 Centre Avenue, Apt. #412       ARPAnet: Johnny.J.Chin@andrew.cmu.edu
Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania 15213      BITnet:  jc58@andrew.BITNET
(412) 268-8936                      UUCP: ...!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!jc58

dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Dave Goldblatt) (11/15/88)

In article <17527@adm.BRL.MIL> jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin) writes:

   Is there anyway (or what's the best way) to get BOTH, Turbo C 2.0 and
   Turbo Pascal 5.0 with the Turbo Assembler/Debugger?

The cheapest way is to get one Professional package, and then buy the
other language.  If you have old versions, you can upgrade cheaper..

-dg-

--

Internet: dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  or:   dave@clutx.clarkson.edu
BITNET:   dave@CLUTX.Bitnet          uucp: {rpics, gould}!clutx!dave

garnett@a.cs.okstate.edu (John Garnett) (11/16/88)

From article <17527@adm.BRL.MIL>, by jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin):

> Is there anyway (or what's the best way) to get BOTH, Turbo C 2.0 and
> Turbo Pascal 5.0 with the Turbo Assembler/Debugger?
>
> It's kind of pointless to buy both Professional packages.  Which is the
> cheapest way to achieve all of this (C 2.0, Pascal 5.0, and the Assembler)?
>
> -- J. Chin (a.k.a. Computer Dr.)

I believe that Borland has an offer open to all registered owners of
Turbo C 1.0 and/or Turbo Pascal 4.0 in which you may purchase Turbo C 2.0,
Turbo Pascal 5.0, and Turbo Assembler/Debugger for $149.50.  I found the
offer in Borland's "Turbo" magazine.  The offer is good until Nov. 30, 1988.

John Garnett

(they also have other offers under which you can get upgrades instead of
buying a complete new package)

| John Garnett                         Internet: garnett@a.cs.okstate.edu |
| Computing and Information Sciences   UUCP: {cbosgd, ihnp4, rutgers}!    |
| Oklahoma State University                   okstate!garnett             |
| "Since the mathematicians have attacked the relativity theory,          |
|  I myself no longer understand it." - Albert Einstein                   |

jio@cpsc55.ATT.COM (James Odom) (11/16/88)

From article <17527@adm.BRL.MIL>, by jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin):

> Is there anyway (or what's the best way) to get BOTH, Turbo C 2.0 and
> Turbo Pascal 5.0 with the Turbo Assembler/Debugger?
>
> It's kind of pointless to buy both Professional packages.  Which is the
> cheapest way to achieve all of this (C 2.0, Pascal 5.0, and the Assembler)?
>
> Many thanks to all the replies to my last post.
>
> Once again, thanks (in advance) for you suggestions.  Much appreciated.
>
> -- J. Chin (a.k.a. Computer Dr.)
>
> ------------------------- Carnegie Mellon University -------------------------
> 4730 Centre Avenue, Apt. #412       ARPAnet: Johnny.J.Chin@andrew.cmu.edu
> Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania 15213      BITnet:  jc58@andrew.BITNET
> (412) 268-8936                      UUCP: ...!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!jc58

When I called the Borland 800 number to upgrade my Turbo C 1.5 to the
Professional Version with the Turbo Assembler/Debugger, I was told that
I could get the new Turbo Pascal 5.0 for $50.00 more.  I chose to get
the complete package and was billed $149.95 + $5.00 shipping/handling.
It took about 4 weeks for the BOX to arrive.  The contents of the
complete Professional Version is:

  Manuals:
  	 Turbo C 2.0 User Manual
  	 Turbo C 2.0 Reference Manual
  	 Turbo Pascal 5.0 User Manual
  	 Turbo Pascal 5.0 Reference Manual
  	 Turbo Debugger User Manual
  	 Turbo Debugger Reference Manual
  	 Turboc Assembler Manual

	Disks
		Turbo C 2.0  6 disks
		Turbo Pascal 5.0 3 disks
		Turboc Debugger 3 disks
		Turbo Assembler 1 disk

  Borland's 800 number that I called was (800) 543-7543.

simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) (11/16/88)

In article <17527@adm.BRL.MIL>, jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin) writes:

> Is there anyway (or what's the best way) to get BOTH, Turbo C 2.0 and
> Turbo Pascal 5.0 with the Turbo Assembler/Debugger?
>
> It's kind of pointless to buy both Professional packages.  Which is the
> cheapest way to achieve all of this (C 2.0, Pascal 5.0, and the Assembler)?
>
> -- J. Chin (a.k.a. Computer Dr.)

When I called borland to order an upgrade of both my pascal and C languages,
the order lady asked me if I just wanted the "Jumbo Package".  This was
basically the professional package with turbo C included.   The cost was
149.95 which happens to be the cost of upgrading from both Pascal and C to
the new version.  But, when she asked me for the serial numbers of my disks
she only asked for one, I gave here the pascal numbers.  This would seem to
indicate that you can get Turbo's C,pascal,assembler,debugger all together
in a package.  I don't know if they are selling this kind of package outright
or if it was a special deal for people upgrading.

--
Greg Simmons
     simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu

diwarner@sdrc.UUCP (Mark_Warner) (11/16/88)

In article <DAVE.88Nov15091042@sun.soe.clarkson.edu>, dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Dave Goldblatt) writes:
> In article <17527@adm.BRL.MIL> jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin) writes:
>
>    Is there anyway (or what's the best way) to get BOTH, Turbo C 2.0 and
>    Turbo Pascal 5.0 with the Turbo Assembler/Debugger?
>
> The cheapest way is to get one Professional package, and then buy the
> other language.  If you have old versions, you can upgrade cheaper..
>
> -dg-

The best way to buy all three is to call Borland and order the $149.95 + $5
shipping package. This package includes:
	Turbo Pascal 5.0 and new manuals
	Turboc 2.0 and new manuals
	Turbo Asm and manuals
	Turbo Debugger and manuals

To get this package all you have to give is one registered serial number for
either Turbo C or Turbo Pascal. This is how I received everything.

Mark Warner                               |    UUCP: uunet!sdrc!diwarner
SDRC                                      |
Milford Ohio                              |    This space is for rent.

swarbric@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Frank Swarbrick) (11/17/88)

In article <17527@adm.BRL.MIL> jc58+@andrew.cmu.edu (Johnny J. Chin) writes:
>Is there anyway (or what's the best way) to get BOTH, Turbo C 2.0 and
>Turbo Pascal 5.0 with the Turbo Assembler/Debugger?
>
>It's kind of pointless to buy both Professional packages.  Which is the
>cheapest way to achieve all of this (C 2.0, Pascal 5.0, and the Assembler)?

If you're upgrading, then you can get all three for $149.  (I'm not sure if
you have to already own previous versions of both products.)

If you are just buying them for the first time, either get Turbo Pascal
Professional and just plain Turbo C, or visa-versa.  Both ways it would
cost the same.

Frank Swarbrick (and, yes, the net.cat)       University Of Colorado, Boulder
swarbric@tramp.Colorado.EDU          ...!{ncar|nbires}!boulder!tramp!swarbric
"You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say." --Metallica