[comp.lang.pascal] Simple screen editor with source code in Pascal.

dennie@ucsce.UCSC.EDU (Dennie Van Tassel, x2578) (01/08/89)

	Please reply for a simple screen editor with source code in pascal
	to run on IBM PC or compatibles to marty%svx.sv.dg.com@relay.cs.net

	I much appreciate the help - Marty Rana

marty%svx.sv.dg.com@relay.cs.net

andyross@igloo.UUCP (Andrew Rossmann) (01/09/89)

In article <5927@saturn.ucsc.edu> dennie@ucsce.UCSC.EDU (Dennie Van Tassel, x2578) writes:

>	Please reply for a simple screen editor with source code in pascal
>	to run on IBM PC or compatibles to marty%svx.sv.dg.com@relay.cs.net
>
>	I much appreciate the help - Marty Rana
>
>marty%svx.sv.dg.com@relay.cs.net

  I, too, would like a simple editor for TP5. You can mail to:
andyross@igloo.UUCP, andyross@ddsw1.MCS.COM

rmarks@KSP.Unisys.COM (Richard Marks) (01/09/89)

For a good simple screen editor in turbo pascal, try the turbo
editor toolbox.

Richard Marks
rmarks@KSP.unisys.com

srpenndo@uokmax.UUCP (Sean Richard Penndorf) (01/09/89)

In article <1369@igloo.UUCP> andyross@igloo.UUCP (Andrew Rossmann) writes:
=>In article <5927@saturn.ucsc.edu> dennie@ucsce.UCSC.EDU (Dennie Van Tassel, x2578) writes:
=>>
=>>	Please reply for a simple screen editor with source code in pascal
=>>	to run on IBM PC or compatibles to marty%svx.sv.dg.com@relay.cs.net
=>>
=>>	I much appreciate the help - Marty Rana
=>>
=>>marty%svx.sv.dg.com@relay.cs.net
=>
=>  I, too, would like a simple editor for TP5. You can mail to:
=>andyross@igloo.UUCP, andyross@ddsw1.MCS.COM

Let me jump on this band wagon as well.  Please send me a copy of the source
code for a simple screen editor as well.  Thanks.

Send to:  srpenndo@uokmax.UUCP

--
Sean 'Longstride' Penndorf
!texsun!uokmax!srpenndo                    .  .        .-----------

slezakm@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Mark Slezak) (01/10/89)

I am also looking for a simple editor written in pascal. I would like it for
in what ever the offical apple pascal format is. If I can translate it into
Apple Pascal that would work too.

PLease (if possible,) point me to an ftp site or mail a copy to me at the
following:

{tektronix,hp-pcd}!orstcs!jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU!slezakm

Thank's in advance!

Mark.
{tektronix,hp-pcd}!orstcs!jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU!slezakm

phipps@garth.UUCP (Clay Phipps) (01/13/89)

In article <2201@uokmax.UUCP>,
srpenndo@uokmax.UUCP (Sean Richard Penndorf) writes:
>In article <1369@igloo.UUCP> andyross@igloo.UUCP (Andrew Rossmann) writes:
>=>In article <5927@saturn.ucsc.edu>,
>=>dennie@ucsce.UCSC.EDU (Dennie Van Tassel, x2578) writes:
>=>>	Please reply for a simple screen editor with source code in pascal
>=>>	to run on IBM PC or compatibles to marty%svx.sv.dg.com@relay.cs.net
>=>  I, too, would like a simple editor for TP5. ...
>Please send me a copy of the source code for a simple screen editor ...

I haven't bought a copy yet, but I think that Borland's Turbo Editor
Toolbox (Silicon Valley street price: $65) is the way to go,
even on a student income.

The editor has some windowing and menuing features, according to the box,
so it's more than I would think of as a "simple" editor, but
I doubt that you will find cheaper legal ways to get source in Pascal
that you can get running quickly on a PC.

You might be able to find something in old issues of _Pascal News_ (R.I.P.)
(have fun typing the code it in), or maybe _Dr. Dobbs_
(you can order floppies from them for the source in each issue), or
the UCSD Pascal Users Soc'y (USUS) newsletter (then you get to port it ?).
For someone on a student budget, the combined search and porting effort
may be worth the money saved, but frankly, I think that you would be
better off spending the time working on your projects
(the recommendations herein are withdrawn if the editor *is* the project).

For people with even a little more money, being able to buy the editor
source code, compile it, and use it on a wide variety of displays,
*and* be able to appeal to the dealer or Borland if problems arise,
is well worth the relatively little money they are asking.

As for me, well, my regular editor *is* simple, from the 64KB PC days.
I want to upgrade, but I like the idea of being able to do editing *my way*.
I hate "modeyness" and the "text movement by deletion then yanking back"
paradigm.

[I have no connection with Borland except as a private-citizen customer].
--
[The foregoing may or may not represent the position, if any, of my employer]

Clay Phipps                       {ingr,pyramid,sri-unix!hplabs}!garth!phipps
Intergraph APD, 2400#4 Geng Road, Palo Alto, CA 93403            415/494-8800

wilker@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Clarence W. Wilkerson Jr.) (01/20/89)

The binary editor is in .TPU form I believe.