[comp.lang.pascal] HPGL-generation from Turbo Pascal?

joyl_ecoleeb@cc.helsinki.fi (02/14/89)

Please inform me, if there exists a graphics program package that can
be utilized from Turbo Pascal 4.0, and is capable to generate HPGL-plotter
command language. I am in need for such when soon starting a graphics
programming effort.

-thanks. My address is ALM @ FINUJO.BITNET  (Jukka Alm)

murphy@pur-phy (William J. Murphy) (02/15/89)

In article <1955@cc.helsinki.fi> joyl_ecoleeb@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
>Please inform me, if there exists a graphics program package that can
>be utilized from Turbo Pascal 4.0, and is capable to generate HPGL-plotter
>command language. I am in need for such when soon starting a graphics
>programming effort.
>
>-thanks. My address is ALM @ FINUJO.BITNET  (Jukka Alm)

There is a package called HGRAPH by Heartland Software.  It is a package
of subroutines that allow you to create from within your program plots
which are displayable, printable, and plottable.  It comes with support
for HPGL, and houston Instruments plotters.  You will be able to create
publication quality plots without much fuss, other than knowing how
to stick the routines in to your programs.  There are many examples provided
with the source code.

	You can reach Heartland Software at
        Heartland Software, Inc.
        234 S. Franklin
	Ames, Iowa 50010
	              USA

HGRAPH retails for ~$105.00 with manual, $95.00 without manual (extra copies)

I have no connection with HGRAPH or Heartland Software other than being
a satisfied customer and former student of the original designer of the
program.

Bill Murphy
murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu