[comp.lang.pascal] Turbo-Talk

pmancini@lynx.northeastern.edu (02/14/89)

	With appologies to those who must hit a single key to skip over
messages with turbo/pc/mouse stuff I must say that it would be a shame to
not allow such discussion here.  1) so few messages get posted here anyhow
that the number of such messages is low, 2) some users don't have control
over what outside journals they can access.  Our system is very tightly
controled and if you make turbo taboo (:-) they people like me won't be
able to ask such questions at all.
	Plus, What's more intersting; application or theory?

-Pete Mancini
 Northeastern U.
 Student

damm@freja.diku.dk (Kristian Damm Jensen) (02/19/89)

pmancini@lynx.northeastern.edu writes:

>	With appologies to those who must hit a single key to skip over
>messages with turbo/pc/mouse stuff I must say that it would be a shame to
>not allow such discussion here.  1) so few messages get posted here anyhow
>that the number of such messages is low, 2) some users don't have control
>over what outside journals they can access.  Our system is very tightly
>controled and if you make turbo taboo (:-) they people like me won't be
>able to ask such questions at all.

	Well, I'm a Pascal-programmer who does not use Turbo-Pascal. My
favorite compiler are very close to standard so I have no use for all the talk
about Turbo.
	On the other hand I wouldn't mind having the discussion in this
newsgroup, but could you PLEASE be so kind as to inform the rest of us that
you're posting a Turbo-article by saying so in the subject line?
	It is annoying  when you have to read half an articles before you
find out that it isn't interesting.

Kristian Damm Jensen (damm@freja.diku.dk)

"Sex is more fun than logic. One cannot prove this, but it is,
in the same way that Mount Everest is and Alma Cogan isn't."
(Monty Python: 'The tape of the soundtrack of the film of the thriller of
               Monty Python and the Holy Grail')