[comp.lang.pascal] Macintosh Lightspeed Pascal

armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) (02/24/89)

I'm required to use Macintosh Lightspeed Pascal for a comp sci. course
and I'd like to be able to save my source code as an ascii text file
so that I can upload it to my UNIX directory and later download it to
my Amiga for editing. When I look at the source code after the
transfer its all scrambled because of Lightspeed's control characters
in the text. Is there some program that will "translate" the code into
a comepletly ascii text file? It could run on either the Mac, Unix, or
an Amiga since I have access to all of these. If anyone could find
such a program I'd be greatly endebted to them. Thanks,

		-GEA

Save a bunny- stop the Draize.                     |armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu

"We saw the wrong and the right. We were for life  |Careful with that axe,
and we would never concede it."                    |Eugene...
		-T. Scholz                         |

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (02/24/89)

In article <Feb.23.18.40.53.1989.26320@topaz.rutgers.edu> armhold@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) writes:

>I'm required to use Macintosh Lightspeed Pascal for a comp sci. course
>and I'd like to be able to save my source code as an ascii text file

>transfer its all scrambled because of Lightspeed's control characters
>in the text. Is there some program that will "translate" the code into

	In Lightspeed Pascal, the "Save As..." dialog box gives you the
option of saving as "Text Only" or "Entire Document". The "Text Only"
option saves the file as a conventional ASCII file, with no strange control
characters of any sort, which can be read and edited by any conventional
text editor.

		--Rich
Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305