[comp.lang.pascal] wanted: LP code in pascal

ak1q+@andrew.cmu.edu (Arundhati D. Kumar) (04/28/89)

I am looking for information on any code to solve linear programming problems.
I would like to use an LP solving routine which could be called by my turbo
pascal (version 4) program.  Also, does anyone know whether simplex routines
written in another language can be used along with turbo pascal?
        Thanks,
                Arundhati Kumar

ts@chyde.uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (04/29/89)

In article <19350@adm.BRL.MIL> ak1q+@andrew.cmu.edu (Arundhati D. Kumar) writes:
>I am looking for information on any code to solve linear programming problems.
>I would like to use an LP solving routine which could be called by my turbo
>pascal (version 4) program.  Also, does anyone know whether simplex routines
>written in another language can be used along with turbo pascal?

This is not quite what you are looking for, but you might be
interested in the linear programming and linear goal programming
solver /pc/ts/tslin24.arc, which can be obtained by anynymous ftp
from 128.214.12.3.  (It has also appeared in comp.binaries.ibm.pc.)
To anticipate a question, the source code is not available.  (I
never reveal my sources :-)

Prof. Timo Salmi
Internet: ts@chyde.uwasa.fi Funet: vakk::salmi Bitnet: salmi@finfun