[comp.lang.pascal] Patches for TP 5.0?

conway@hpdtl.HP.COM (Daniel F. Conway) (05/26/89)

Several months ago, I picked up patches for Borland Turbo C 2.0 and Turbo
Debugger that someone had kindly posted to the net.  Has anyone seen a similar
set of patches for Turbo Pascal 5.0?  I would like to get them if they exist.

Dan Conway
dan_conway@hplabs.hp.com

abcscnuk@csuna.csun.edu (Naoto Kimura) (05/28/89)

In article <7130005@hpdtl.HP.COM> conway@hpdtl.HP.COM (Daniel F. Conway) writes:
>Several months ago, I picked up patches for Borland Turbo C 2.0 and Turbo
>Debugger that someone had kindly posted to the net.  Has anyone seen a similar
>set of patches for Turbo Pascal 5.0?  I would like to get them if they exist.
>
>Dan Conway
>dan_conway@hplabs.hp.com

There is at least one patch for Turbo Pascal 5.0 to fix the problem of
not putting the correct symbolic info in the executable for Turbo
Debugger 1.0 to be able to read the files correctly.  I'll be contacting
Borland to obtain a copy of a patch (I don't have a modem -- not even my
own machine!).  I seem to be getting a similar problem with the
symbolic info being a bit scrambled (I'll have to get the patch, apply
it, then check to see if it's fixed the problem).

Talking to the technical assistance people, I found out that apparently
there was something floating around the departments that they were
going to officially release the BGI and CHR file formats this month !
But then again it could be just rumor :-( .

                //-n-\\			 Naoto Kimura
        _____---=======---_____		 (abcscnuk@csuna.csun.edu)
    ====____\   /.. ..\   /____====
  //         ---\__O__/---         \\	Enterprise... Surrender or we'll
  \_\                             /_/	send back your *&^$% tribbles !!

thurn@spruce.cis.ohio-state.edu (Martin 'Sulu' Thurn) (05/31/89)

In article <2018@csuna.csun.edu> abcscnuk@csuna.csun.edu (Naoto Kimura) writes:
>In article <7130005@hpdtl.HP.COM> conway@hpdtl.HP.COM (Daniel F. Conway) writes:
>>set of patches for Turbo Pascal 5.0?  I would like to get them if they exist.
>
>There is at least one patch for Turbo Pascal 5.0 to fix the problem of
>not putting the correct symbolic info in the executable for Turbo...

How about the damn thing not saving your pick file before it runs your program
which, sure enough, crashes the machine, so you have to go find all those
files again...

Borland_flame := off;
-=-
 Martin Thurn            | Gods are like that.  It's not enough that they can
 thurn@cis.ohio-state.edu|  control everything.  They want to be famous, too.
 "nihongo demo doozo!"   |                               --- Orson Scott Card