[comp.lang.pascal] pc type from Turbo pascal

Mike_W_Ryan@cup.portal.com (07/14/89)

I want to be able to tell what kind of MSDOS computer i am running on
via Turbo Pascal. I need to distinguish between generic dos, IMB pc,
or AT, etc. I've looked at dos services and interrrupts. I would
guess the info is "somewhere" in memory and tracable with the MEM
function. Can anyone tell me where to get the data I need and how to decode
it?

ts@chyde.uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (07/14/89)

In article <20411@cup.portal.com> Mike_W_Ryan@cup.portal.com writes:
>I want to be able to tell what kind of MSDOS computer i am running on
>via Turbo Pascal. I need to distinguish between generic dos, IMB pc,
>or AT, etc. I've looked at dos services and interrrupts. I would
>guess the info is "somewhere" in memory and tracable with the MEM
>function. Can anyone tell me where to get the data I need and how to decode
>it?

See eg Norton & Wilton, The New Peter Norton Programmer's Guide to
the IBM PC and PS/2, page 64 describing memory location $F000:$FFFE
Hex.  Jamsa & Nameroff, Turbo Pascal Programmer's Library also has
information on the matter.

Prof. Timo Salmi                                (Site 128.214.12.3)
Internet: ts@chyde.uwasa.fi Funet: vakk::salmi Bitnet: salmi@finfun