[comp.lang.pascal] PASCAL/ TP under OS/2 ????

I2010506%DBSTU1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (07/19/89)

Date: 19 July 1989, 12:28:46 MEZ
From: Christian Boettger        +49 (0)531 3915113 / I2010506 at DBSTU1
To:   info-pas at vim.brl
      info-pascal at vim.brl

Hello, everybody,
Does anyone know whether Borland plans to issue a TP version running
under OS/2, not only under DOS???
Does anybody know an acceptable PASCAL compiler under OS/2 INCLUDING
some graphics (drawing curves etc), something between
TP graphics toolbox and unit graph in TP4??
Christian
       Christian Boettger                phone:  (+49) (0)531/391-5113
mail:  Institut fuer Metallphysik und Nukleare Festkoerperphysik,
       (room -167/-168), Technische Universitaet Braunschweig,
       Mendelssohnstrasse 3, D-3300 Braunschweig, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
EARN:  I2010506@DBSTU1.BITNET         InterNet:   boettger@julian.uwo.CA
                                        UseNet:   boettger@julian.UUCP

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (07/19/89)

In article <20287@adm.BRL.MIL> I2010506%DBSTU1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>From: Christian Boettger        +49 (0)531 3915113 / I2010506 at DBSTU1
>Does anyone know whether Borland plans to issue a TP version running
>under OS/2, not only under DOS???
>Does anybody know an acceptable PASCAL compiler under OS/2 INCLUDING
>some graphics (drawing curves etc), something between
>TP graphics toolbox and unit graph in TP4??

I would suggest using a Modula 2 compiler instead.

Modual 2 is a better language than standard Pascal and has most of the
Turbo enhancements as standard part of the language definition.

All of the major Modula 2 compiler makers have versions for OS/2.

JPI Modula 2 was purchased from Borland who were going to release it as
Turbo Modula 2.

Logitech Modula 2 has been supporting OS/2 for years now.

Stony Brook Modula 2 includes both OS/2 and DOS versions of their compiler
and Quick compiler in one package.  This one also has interface routines for
Microsoft Windows and the Presentation Manager.

In short, your best bet is probably to get Modula 2 and use the Presenation
Manager for your graphics library.  At first PM programming will be a little
wierd but that does not last too long, and the graphics library that is part
of the PM is really pretty powerful.

Es gefaellt mir!
-----Dale
	Rogerson-----