[comp.lang.pascal] Turbo Pascal to C translator

jsm@vax1.UUCP (01/28/87)

A public domain Turbo Pascal to C translator is available. It is called TPC;
I've seen it on several programming oriented IBM PC bulletin boards.

The author, S.H. Smith (5119 N 11 Ave 332, Phoenix,Az. 85013) claims that
" [the program] will do 90% of the work required to do the translation."

It seems to work OK, but can't completely handle nested procedures,
precedence operator differences, and VAR parameters. I/O routines have to
be manually renamed.

DISCLAIMER : I have no connection to Smith, do not have the source code,
and can't get Kermit to upload to my local Vax.

sns@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (01/28/87)

In article <257@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu> jsm@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu (Jon Meltzer) writes:
>A public domain Turbo Pascal to C translator is available. It is called TPC;
>I've seen it on several programming oriented IBM PC bulletin boards.
>
>The author, S.H. Smith (5119 N 11 Ave 332, Phoenix,Az. 85013) claims that

Could anyone get this and post it?  I would think that there would be enough
demand for it to warrant a posting.  I'd do it myself, but I don't have a
modem, just an Ethernet connection.  It's probably written in Fortran anyways.

My cat can quack, can yours?		genghis!root@csvax.Caltech.Edu.UUCP

pnessutt@nis.UUCP (01/29/87)

In article <257@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu> jsm@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu (Jon Meltzer) writes:
>A public domain Turbo Pascal to C translator is available. It is called TPC;
>I've seen it on several programming oriented IBM PC bulletin boards.
>" [the program] will do 90% of the work required to do the translation."

I would appreciate getting some information as to where these bulletin
boards are and what the telephone #'s are.  I've seen some 'Pascal to
C' translators, but I have yet to see one for Turbo Pascal.

Thanks.

--
 Robert A. Monio                              UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!nis!pnessutt
 Systems/Analyst - Technical Services         ATT: (612) 894-9494

jsm@vax1.UUCP (01/31/87)

In article <155@nis.UUCP> pnessutt@nis.UUCP (Robert A. Monio) writes:
>In article <257@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu> jsm@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu (Jon Meltzer) writes:
>>A public domain Turbo Pascal to C translator is available. It is called TPC;
>>I've seen it on several programming oriented IBM PC bulletin boards.
>>" [the program] will do 90% of the work required to do the translation."
>
>I would appreciate getting some information as to where these bulletin
>boards are and what the telephone #'s are.  I've seen some 'Pascal to
>C' translators, but I have yet to see one for Turbo Pascal.

Try
  Sparta -  1-201-729-5377 (where I got it)
  Software City-  1-914-297-5616
  Darwin - 1-301-251-9206 (extremely busy, don't even think of calling
			    before midnight EST)
  High Sierra - 1-209-296-3534 (leading Turbo board on West Coast; TPC
			    should be there)

darrylo@hpsrlc.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (02/01/87)

     The Turbo pascal to C translator cannot handle nested procedures;
this, in my opinion, severely restricts it use.  I'm not trying to put it down,
but this is a severe limitation (at least it is for me -- I take good
advantage of nested procedures).

     -- Darryl Okahata
	hplabs!hpcea!hpsrla!darrylo

csc@chinet.chi.il.us (Craig Curtin) (07/28/89)

Anyone work with a translator for translating Turbo PASCAL to any dialect of C
(MSC, TC, etc.) on a MS-DOS machine?  Also has anyone got any alternatives
to HALO printer graphics? I am in the process of converting a program from
that is currently using HALO printer graphics and Turbo Pascal into C and
any other graphics driver? please reply via e-mail, if enough interest i
will post a summary. thanks.

(either comercial or public domain experiences would be appreciated)

craig curtin
email: chinet!csc
days : (312)985-9000x2376
nites: (312)416-0270